Vallerina

Good ankle supports?

I have weak ankles. I've never broken them, but I've sprained them numerous times in gymnastics, and some doctors told me that I have tendonitis. It's not a major cause for concern, but I do have some soreness after a hard run. I am also wanting to jump with good ankle supports if crwmike is accurate in his description of the canopy landing like bricks! :D I used to use the Ace brand of ankle supports years (over 10) ago, but I'm not sure if that's the best and most helpful.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I have weak ankles. I've never broken them, but I've sprained them numerous times in gymnastics, and some doctors told me that I have tendonitis. It's not a major cause for concern, but I do have some soreness after a hard run. I am also wanting to jump with good ankle supports if crwmike is accurate in his description of the canopy landing like bricks! :D I used to use the Ace brand of ankle supports years (over 10) ago, but I'm not sure if that's the best and most helpful.

Yeah, but little tiny bricks. Not those concrete block thingies B|

Michael

I thought I had the world's weakest ankles!:P I have tendonitis as well, and if my ankles can turn, they will. So, I wear Active Ankle braces when I do tandems. They're not cheap, but they last a long time. You can still move your foot up and down, but not side to side-- making it virtually impossible to roll your ankle. A lot of college volleyball teams require all of their players to wear them. You can find them at sporting good stores.

They will help you prevent sprains/strains, but they won't minimize any kind of impact on your heels if you land hard...

Good luck! :)

I should probably also get some better shoes since mine are getting old, but that's money I don't want to spend!

I'm pretty sure you have one super supportive shoe.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Ach. Well, I have "aristocratic" bone structure, and have broken my ankles a few times.

The McDavid product line is the most comfotable, but they are expensive, depending on what amount of protection you get.

The Swede-O ankle braces, with the plastic inserts work well, but are uncomforable to wear all day. When I was jumping while my broken ankle healed (read: was jumping with a broken ankle) I wore two neoprene ankle braces (they only really just keep the ankles warm) and the Swede-O ankle braces on the outside of that.

Worked pretty good, and wasn't too uncomfortable.

The inner-lock 8 one is good enough for ankles that aren't already broken.

B|

http://www.medsupports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MS&Category_Code=InfoSwede-O

Cool! Thanks, JP! I'll have to see if I can find one of those around here somewhere!

Keep your packbitch happy. Buy her the Interlok-8 in black. Size Small.:D I really do have freakishly small feet for my body size.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

You can order the brace JP mentioned from here http://www.ankleshop.com/swedeo.htm

That's where I got mine.

I concur with JP about the The Swede-O Inner Lok 8

I used the version with the plastic when I broke my fibula. The plastic is uncomfortable, but it served it's purpose. I removed it after awhile and just used the brace with great results.