fireflytx

Airlines suck

Did you know bereavement fares are not that cheap. They take the price the ticket would be normally and take 30% off and it is short notice so the ticket is originally high. To go from Austin to PA next week is originally $1000 and bereavement fare is $770. What cheap heartlless bastards!!!! you know there ar going to be empty seats on the flight and you know that people on that flight paid like $350 round trip. Why don't they just give me the price like if I had gotten the ticket a month ago. I am furious not to mention upset about my Gram.

My parents said they would pay for it but I still think this is bulls**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Well behaved women rarely make history"

". . . the latest sign of the industry's upheaval as it lurches through a historic transformation."

Funny - I read it as Whoristic transformation.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>They take the price the ticket would be normally and take 30% off
>and it is short notice so the ticket is originally high.

I think it's pretty nice that they reduce fares so you can travel more easily when someone you love dies.

>What cheap heartlless bastards!!!!

For giving you a cheaper ticket? "Fair" would be to charge you the same as everyone else. Why should someone whose mother just died get a cheaper fare than a woman going home to be with her mother for the last week of her life (for example)?