sdctlc

PLF Practice

Last weekend my daughter, Skyler, decided that she could jump from the top of the PLF practice set up at the DZ. Hell I remember last year when she could not climb up to the top with out wanting help and she certiantly would not jump! Now she just scrambles up and jumps:)
Damn they grow up fast!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

great picture! if think she's growing up fast now, just wait till you have to invest in buckshot.;)

Clay is joking but seriously teach her how to fall and roll while she's young and flexible... you'll save her alot of pain and you allot of heart ache later on.....

I'd have been so much more broken so often as i kid if i hadn’t learned how to roll well by age 5... my mother used to have to tell me to walk through the house instead of somersault... i wish i could still do that... :D

just wait till you have to invest in buckshot.;)

Rock salt and bacon skins is more fun / less lethal and keeps on hurting :)

Beautiful child, almost gives me hope for the human race. You are a lucky man

Clay is joking but seriously teach her how to fall and roll while she's young and flexible... you'll save her alot of pain and you allot of heart ache later on.....

Very true actually. My Mom is pretty strange. I know....you'd never have guessed. Made me take "tumbling" classes at the "Y" when I was 4 or 5. Basically learning all the floor moves like you see on the Olympics plus some balance beam and crap like that. I think it helped me though. I never broke any bones until I was 14. That was due to a car accident. No sports injuries until I was 26. Pretty amazing since I raced BMX for 5 years. Also fell off many a horse and motorcycle.

Basically learning all the floor moves like you see on the Olympics plus some balance beam

I didn't see any men competing on the balance beam at the Olympics this year...
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Gotta love that!
What a cutie!! Just wait till she wants her own rig and to learn to fly!
Never thought about it that way, but I was in Judo when I was a kid and learned to get thrown and roll it out,, I've never broke a bone either...
Peace, Love, Freefly

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

great picture! if think she's growing up fast now, just wait till you have to invest in buckshot.;)

Thanks for thew nice words from all of you. I am very proud of her and even though she is only 4 y/o she is growing way too fast.

Jumping off the PLF platform is just fun for her. She is taking a gymnastics class and other things like that and is getting better at falling.

The funny thing is that she told me last weekend that she at only 4 was not big enough to skydive but when she is 8 then she will be big enough :P

The big job will be keeping her away from boys like me when she is older :)

Scott C.

Very true actually. My Mom is pretty strange.

sounds like our mothers would get along fabulously. 'Strange' might not be descriptive enough.:ph34r: (sorry Mom! love ya!) I wish i hadnt objected as much as a brat to some of the things she 'forced' apon me...its sooooo much easier to see the benefits now...

Before you know it, Scott, you'll be teaching her the FJC. Valinda and I did that for our oldest daughter just last month.B|

John,

I saw the pics and teh stuff that Valinda sent out, that is awesome! She always seemed not that interested in jumping but it sounds like she really enjoyed it! Congrats! Not only on the jump but making it that far still with a smile on your face ;)

Scott C.