ChasingBlueSky

Check in After Hurricane Jeanne

my mom and sister are without power(they live in lakecity) good thing it the rain and winf=d is over for them. good luck guys i went through ivan and lucked out. have a cookout on me.;)
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

The rain and wind hit here with a vengance. Blowing first one way then another. None of my trees have blown over but that is because they have just been planted this year and are so small they just bend. The neighbors aren't so lucky. School is closed as most of the dirt roads are probably washed away from the heavy rains. Thankfully we still have power.

Hopefully it will soon deminish and we can get on with things. I'm really glad it wasn't any worse for you guys down there either.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

both kim and i made it thru the gusts in deland. the storm made a more westerly turn and we didn't get what i thought we would. definitely not as much rain with this one compared to frances. winds were similar. sporatic power outages. lost cable (i know...wahhhhhh!! ).

bo, thanks for asking and checking in on everyone!

hope all the zhills peeps are sober and not having to clean up alot of debris. [:/]

arlo

Here's my update:

We lost power about 1800 last night. I woke up at 0115 to the glare of flourescent lights in the kitchen, so got up and reset all the clocks, closed the windows and turned the ceiling fans back on.

The house is fine and there is very little clutter in the yard compared to the other storms, but we did not get away completely clean. A huge farking tree fell into the storage yard where our RV is kept -- it punched a hole in the shower area and broke the roof and wall in the area of the bathroom sink. The roof is buckled in from the refrigerator back to the bedroom and the dish and airhorns have been smashed. I estimate about $50,000 in damage.

Oh well, it's only a piece of material goods, not gonna stress about it.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

My power is back on this morning, thankfully! I'm pretty good at packing my fridge with ice now, so I think most of my food is salvagable. I have more damage to the 1 tree that I have and some bushes are uprooted. I have a bunch of shingles that need to be replaced but other than that, all is good.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I got lucky -- only lost cable tv and internet, a cheap fiberglass roof over a shed and some cedar siding on the other side of the building. My neighbors didn't have power as of last night. Unfortunately, my office is up and running... well as soon as the geeks figure out where the data drive went.

The storm was worse but I think Frances knocked down most of the trees, etc that would've fallen this time.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt