kallen

Lake Wales Destroyed - Frankenotter Update

While our hearts are still with our friends at Lake Wales as they get back on their feet, I did want to give some good news:

Woo Hoo! Frankenotter is once again flying jumpers after the damage incurred from the hangar collapse (due to Hurricane Charley).

Today at Carolina Skysports our demo team did 2 practice jumps out of Frankenotter to get ready for a big demo that we have next weekend and he is fine as ever. In true Frankenotter fashion, he is sportin’ a brand new (to him) rudder that is “fire engine” red and 4 band-aid type sheet metal patches on the leading edge of the wings; 1 on the starboard side and 3 on the port side. The sides of the fuselage have a couple of new dings and small dents from falling debris but the engines are as strong as ever and he is otherwise unscathed. For those that knew him before the new paint job, he’s looking just like old times.

As soon as I found out about the "minimal" damage and soon to be prepared fixes while at the WFFC, all I said was Frankenotter was getting even for having been painted.

Let this be taken as a hint. Keep the paint away! ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Let this be taken as a hint. Keep the paint away!***

I'm with you. I'll never forget the "sad" day I saw him being prepared for new paint. Even the owner cringed. But higher powers prevailed.

Maybe we can hide the red rudder for a while. Just for old times' sake.

Hey, that's N228! That's the plane we jump from here at Burnaby! Awesome, I love that planeB|

Carry on:S:D

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

We do the same thing, and I think it's because it's Mexican or something. Some of the controls in the cockpit are labelled in Spanish.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Uh huh. Yep, the stories get quite interesting. But yep, that thing (YK) sat around in disarray forever. It may have had a birthday while it was there but its gone now. So is one of the "old blues" 100AP. Both are excellent jump aircraft and I will miss them.

100AP slow? You smokin something? :P I did some jumps out of it this year and it was always right at 13 minutes to 13k or less.

FrankenOtter was in Ohio last weekend, red tail and all. B|

YankeeKilo :ph34r::D Name makes me laugh considering its history. :D

Try at CSS. I miss CSS not having their schedule for the planes on their website anymore. [:/]
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com