AggieDave

OU vs t.u.

Anyone else watching this game?

I would've liked to, 'cause I knew that would be a good game.....but there was a much more important event happening in the world today.

Michigan 27, Minnesota 24. :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Anyone else watching this game?

This is fun and the game has only just started.

I have two favorite teams. Texas A&M and anyone playing t.u. even if it is OU.

It's worth pointing out that in OK, T.U. is University of Tulsa. That might be important to Texas fans, because as bad as your guys are, they don't suck near as much as the T.U. Golden Hurricanes.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

because as bad as your guys are

Have you been keeping up with A&M's season?;)

Oh, t.u. is what Aggies call the university of texas. It has to do with the long history between the two schools. Texas A&M was established in 1876, t.u. in 1898, so A&M has always considered themselves THE univeristy in Texas. That's the really short cut and dry version, there's a lot of history involved and would require a couple beers and some time to explain it all.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

because as bad as your guys are

Have you been keeping up with A&M's season?;)

Oh, t.u. is what Aggies call the university of texas. It has to do with the long history between the two schools. Texas A&M was established in 1876, t.u. in 1898, so A&M has always considered themselves THE univeristy in Texas. That's the really short cut and dry version, there's a lot of history involved and would require a couple beers and some time to explain it all.B|

Um..Dave, I may be a Yankee, but I've spent lotsa time in TX (I'm in the USAF). It's a damn big place, one University wouldn't quite work...:S

A bit off topic-I'm familiar with the A&M Corps...I understand you were hurt, but I know people who paid for that kind of treatment with no intent of going into the Military...Silght disconnect here....why go thru that if you don't want a commission??

ACTUALLY, UT's first classes were held in 1883 - admittedly still after your (inferior) school was founded - but the least you could do is try to insult us with facts.;)

Also, "The University of Texas originated in 1839, when the Congress of the Republic of Texas, in an act locating the seat of government, ordered a site set aside for a university.... In 1871 the legislature established the Texas A&M College, but the university was still postponed. *The Constitution of 1876 specified that the legislature, as soon as practicable, was to establish, organize, and provide for the maintenance and support of a "university of the first class" to be located by vote of the people and styled the University of Texas, for promotion of the study of literature and the arts and sciences.* The same article of the constitution made A&M a branch of the university."

Basically, you may have been there first, but we are the intended dominant school and the state put more thought and effort into making us classier. :P No hard feelings though, really. It must suck to live in College Station.

Hook em!

Silght disconnect here....why go thru that if you don't want a commission??

The same reason why folks who go through the Corps of Cadets make good officers in the military and have stood out in military service since the Spanish American War. It teaches a lot of things to young men and women. Responsibility, working under intense stress, leadership...the list could go on.

An example. When I was a junior I was on Corps Staff (think of it like a general's staff). I had a bit over 200 people in my chain of command. I also was tasked with a project that had a budget of $30,000. How many 20 year olds have that opportunity to lead and be successful? Well, quite a few, they're in the military. How many college students have that sort of responsibility at 20 years old? Not the frat boys, I'll tell you that much.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."