Synapse

Neeeed water training

Sooo, I'm trying to get my B license and the only thing holding me up is this dang water training. Anyone know of a DZ holding a class within driving distance of SC? Hell I'm willing to drive to DeLand if they have one. I'm just trying to knock this out before going on a 7 week trip for work. [:/]

-syn
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain
a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty
nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Skydive Spaceland (near Houston, TX) is conducting water landing training this weekend (the Independence Day weekend).

http://www.skydivespaceland.com/

From their web site:

Live Water Training and BYOM Grillout July 4th

It all starts Friday, the Fourth of July at 6 p.m. Remember to bring a change of clothes, shoes, and a towel since you will be getting wet during this training. We do have showers to clean up in after the dunking.

For the BYOM (Bring Your Own Meat) Grillout, Bart Stonestreet will be manning the grill during the evening. Bring your own whatever you want Bart to grill.

The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Sooo, I'm trying to get my B license and the only thing holding me up is this dang water training. Anyone know of a DZ holding a class within driving distance of SC? Hell I'm willing to drive to DeLand if they have one. I'm just trying to knock this out before going on a 7 week trip for work. [:/]

-syn

I am thinking of starting an Internet correspondence class where I can ship a trashed rig to someone and explain what they need to do, give 30 minutes of lecture over the phone, and give a certificate when they send me photos or video of them jumping in their neighborhood pool and doing the prescribed exercises.

It seems like no one offers water training. (I do it monthly here in Colorado. Got it down to a science by now. NOTE: Perspective instructors, practicing a 4way or freefly exit at the top of the waterslide, with the corresponding funnel of 4 bodies sharing the same waterslide at the same time - is a good way to get permanently kicked out of a pool. Note to self....):P