Viking

Pictures for my next assignment

Glassware and reflective objects

that little jar was a BITCH to light. we had to put white foam core boards and sheets all around it b/c that gold top was like VERY VERY wide angle lens and reflected everything in the damn studio. lol

the Globe was a littler easier. That 24k gold flake in an oil of some kind. I had to mark the globes spot on the mat, swirl it around as fast as i could, then set it back down without knocking over the stones and click the shutter before the gold stopped moving completely.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

VERY nice man

although i think THESE glass objects would've made a better project myself:)

Ummmmm no thats ok.. my teacher is gay and i wouldn't want him to get the wrong idea when i put my shots up infront of the class:o:D:D:D:D

Comp in which shot? and ya the angle was way high oh the bottle but that was b/c the foam core boards i was using would have shown up in the shot if i had tried a flatter angle.

Comp in which shot? and ya the angle was way high oh the bottle but that was b/c the foam core boards i was using would have shown up in the shot if i had tried a flatter angle.

The comp on the stones picture, you have the ball offset to the left, when taking shots like that with a very central focus point, if the focal object is not centred correctly it looks wierd (to me as a former judge), you could still crop some off of the right side to try and even it a little? (Just IMHO though;))
Somthing like the attached, maybe ?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Also, Viking, you might want to consider the "Rule of Thirds" or some other "rule" of composition (there are several).

For instance, take a look at this grid I placed over your original globes photo.

Just by centering the main object on the right third, it makes for a totally different "statement". Not that symetery isn't good, but if you're going to do that, a freekish amount of attention to detail in the over all centering pays some extra dividends.

You might also want to check out some other compositional rules like phi and square root of five.

Just some ideas. It's all good.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Paul one too many lines on each axis, thirds grids look like tick tack toe boards;)

OK the centre lines are for image centre:S:S sorry:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

yes i know about the rule of thirds. i was just in a huge hurry to get things done and didn't fully think over that setup.