AggieDave

Cobra Pipes kickass

I put some new pipes on my scooter on Monday, a set of Cobra pipes. Talk about all the difference in the world. This saturday I'm putting a dynajet kit on my bike as well.

The difference in sound, the difference in power (with the pipes alone) is badass. Even my gas milage has increased.

If you're running stock pipes on your motorcycle, I highly recommend upgrading to a good set of aftermarket pipes, all the difference in the world!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I put some new pipes on my scooter on Monday, a set of Cobra pipes. Talk about all the difference in the world. This saturday I'm putting a dynajet kit on my bike as well.

The difference in sound, the difference in power (with the pipes alone) is badass. Even my gas milage has increased.

If you're running stock pipes on your motorcycle, I highly recommend upgrading to a good set of aftermarket pipes, all the difference in the world!

Define scooter, Here in Europe a scooter is normally something like a Vespa with just a little more power than a hairdryer

I hade a mental image of some fuck off hairy assed Texan riding a Vespa, made me chuckle:D :D

By the way Ive a 84 GSX 11050 EF running nitro

Gone fishing

BTW, Why DO we call them scooters sometimes? I do this also, but come to think of it....why?

I really don't know. Although this is my first bike that didn't take 2-cycle and have knobby tires, I've been around biker culture for a large part of my life...I never understood why folks called their motorcycle a scooter either. It is kinda catchy though.:P

My Harley has had straight pipes since I put it together.

My last ringding had stock pipes, but that was pretty much a function of its peculiar geometry. The RZ-500 runs the exhaust pipes from the rear two cylinders (it basically has siamese engines) under the seat (hot roasted nuts are rumored to be standard equipment), and anything afterrmarket tended to be race-team proprietary.

Then again, the chambers that came with it were pretty impressive, and if you want a hell of a lot more than 110 horsepower on a <400# bike (it was tweaked) you had best have an Autobahn handy. It was good for a solid 255 km/h (150mph+) as it was.

My RZ-350 had pretty radical Toomeys, and put out like 85 horsepower. With 32mm Mikunis and 6-reed baskets it got 18 mpg. Snatching the front wheel off the ground at 100 km/h was simply a matter of catching power band in gear (it was much lighter than the RZ-500). The RZ-350 was geared for 220 km/h (~135 MPH), but its handling was nothing short of incredible.

I'm better off with the Shovelhead these days, since I've had my share of near-death experiences. If I'm on something race-prepared, I'm going to wring it out. I don't necessarily intend to, it just works out that way.

Blue skies,

Winsor

I have no idea on origin. But I love the 'scooter' term, as it seems a lot of old times use it. It seems to have that laid back low rider vibe, like "Chort Chhhevy" or something. And I never say motorcycle, too many syllables. It is always bike or scooter.

Just remember, I don't want pickle, I just wanna ride on my motorsickle. And I don't wanna die, I just wanna ride on my motorcy........cle.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Vance Hines HS Pro 2 into 1... B| Vroom vroom vroom...

Check em out here!

Nice. These were on my FZR600:
http://www.vanceandhines.com/spsp4.html

I still remember the day I was ridiculed by the police due to the fact that it was a little louder than a stock setup (it was tuned for the track). He was in the process of writing me a ticket for the volume. About that same we we both heard the distinct sound of a Harley in the distance, and it was getting closer. I made it a point not to say a word until he was passing up, which is when I loked the police officer in the eye and asked "So, what makes THAT legal, and me illegal?"

After the bike passed, and I mean really passed (Like a block away), he asked me what I said! The Harley was so loud he could see my lips moving, but couldn't hear me. I repeated myself, and he tore the ticket out of this book, tore it in half, gave me both halves, told me to have a nice day and got in his squad and left.

That was a good day in our town for sportbikes. :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Those are some sweet pipes! I did lots and lots of research on pipes. Thunder headers etc etc etc... I wanted performance and was not so focused on looks or sound. After reading reviews, checking out the performance charts and what not, I ended up going with the HS Pro Pipe (2 into 1). I have not ridden it yet with the new pipes since they're being put on right now but I can't wait.

I find it funny though when you buy the bike they recomend loud pipes not for performance but for safety so that other motorist can hear you;)...

My poor poor neighbours.;)

Are you doing regular baffle or high performance baffle?
You should hear them with the high performance baffle....you talk about airflow....holy cow. However, I would strongly recommend either a rejet or remap if you between the regular and high perf baffle. There is that much difference.
I had a buddy with a high perf. baffle and he went back...it was just too loud.
--

I have to say I am not the most mechanicaly inclined individual but I am learning.

Are you doing regular baffle or high performance baffle?

I know that the HS pro pipe has the adjustable baffle or disks. I think that's right. I know the bike is going up on the dynomometer. It's on '04 fuel injected bike. I am unsure if my mechanic is going to redirect the injection valves. That's the rejet right? I don't think it will be too loud.

Well, if you have a fuel injection, you 'remap' the the fuel curve the tells the injection what to do coming from the ECM (brain) This allows your fuel curve to match your air curve.
The reason why is because when you add aftermarket exhaust your air curve is distractly different from stock.
It is called a curve because it resembles a curve when graphed with one axis as RPM.

If you have a carb, you do this by 'rejetting' basically bigger spouts for gas.
As for the 2 into 1 Pro HS. It does not have adjustable baffles (at least not the HD version) But it does have removable baffles, with two cartridege options: http://www.accwhse.com/vance&hi.htm#Baffles
--

If you have a carb, you do this by 'rejetting' basically bigger spouts for gas.

Yup, what he said. Mine was actually done by a Yamaha dealer, seriously. What's even cooler was I had to sign a statement that it was to be used for off road/track duty only. I grinned, signed, fired her up and rode her home. B|

The difference between stock and piped is cool, between piped AND jetted is freakin' amazing.
It's your life, live it!

I have not ridden it yet with the new pipes since they're being put on right now but I can't wait.

If you would have done it yourself you would be ridding it right now...its more fun if you do the work yourself.;)B|

AD doesn't like 2 into 1 pipes, already tried to sway him

Did you point out to him that 2 > 1's generally give the best overall performance gain?

Dude, it's all about the image. Haven't you seen his gear?

In his mind, he needs the individual pipes. >:(
It's your life, live it!

I'm not a fan of rice bikes. Its cool folks like them, its just not for me.

As for the 2 into 1 discussion.

How many of you would be able to actually tell the power difference in a set of standard aftermarket pipes and the best aftermarket pipe on the market for your scooter? Raise your hand. Ok, everyone that raised their hand is lying (not so much lying, just doesn't know anybetter), the difference in the couple of pound of torque and the couple extra HP between aftermarket pipes isn't really enough to be noticed in the saddle. Of course if you dyno your bike and want bragging rights, then go right ahead.

The point is, pick pipes you like and be happy and if you really want to add power, get your heads reworked, increase the cylinder bore, change out the cam, change out the intake and exhaust, change the jetting on the carb or change carbs all together and take everything off your bike you don't need to make it run so it'll be as light as possible.

If you would have done it yourself you would be ridding it right now...its more fun if you do the work yourself.

Ah yes I wish I could do it myself. The bike is fuel injected. To re-tune the bike for the new pipes and stage one kit that came with the pipes you have to be able to download the new specs or whatever. I just can't do that. Anything else I'll wrench but this was one of those better let a proffesional do it...

Bah, all you needed was a computer, the software, the interface and the training on the software. I thought you were hard-core man.

>:(:P:P

This is another reason why I like old things. I'm lucky I have a carborated bike, life is simple. That's something I love about my VW, I can fix anything, I dont have to have a computer to tune it. That's a reason why my truck is annoying.

This is another reason why I want to build my next bike, its only going on if it needs to be there.