weegegirl

OMG my computer is freaking out!!!

Someone has to know how to help me. Today my computer told me i had new updates ready to install.... thought that was pretty normal. So I freakin installed them, and I'm pretty sure it was a virus. [:/] Now my computer is all sorts of fucked. I went into my control panel to the add/remove programs place and there were like 10 things I didn't recognize. So I tried uninstalling a bunch of them. Thought that would take care of it, but there are still popups every time I open Internet Explorer and screwed up things are happening. Like certain words that aren't normally links will link me to ads and whatnot.

I need help fixing this crap. All of my work that I do is on my computer. This is pretty much going to take the little business I have away until I can fix it. Any help would be really cool. :(

Relax. Breathe.

Now, go download Ad Aware SE and run it. It's a totally free program and it will find any spyware and bad stuff that got placed on your computer.

Here:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Run your virus scanner.

See if that helps. Good luck!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Yeah... Windows XP.... I know a shit load about design and software, but nothing about viruses and all that crap. Guess I've just been lucky over the years. Right now, my computer is running slow as mud. You can hear it working overtime. I honestly don't even know if downloading ad aware or whatever is even an option right now. I'm using another computer just to ask you guys for help. :(

Yes, I know... I need to breathe. But this really stinks. :(

American Components, Russian components...ALL MADE IN TIWAN

This is how we pix problem on Russian SPACE STATION

BANG BANG BANG

Take a big wrench to it....that always fixes everything...maybe not fixed the way you want...but fixed none the less.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

OK. D O N O T P A N I C ! ! !
Step away from the culprit. Unplug "it". Remove "it" from the table (wearing gloves would be best). Carry "it" down the stair, into the street, straight to the dumpster. Go back up the stairs. Enter you flat. Open the Yellow Pages. Search for M.....(hmmmm... there it is)...A...... (hmmmm...tricky....OK, I got it).......C......(wait, wait, I know that one.....NO, NOT "MAN">:(..........)......GOT IT! MAC:)Head there, buy one, be happy, live happily ever after!!!;)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

OK. D O N O T P A N I C ! ! !
Step away from the culprit. Unplug "it". Remove "it" from the table (wearing gloves would be best). Carry "it" down the stair, into the street, straight to the dumpster. Go back up the stairs. Enter you flat. Open the Yellow Pages. Search for M.....(hmmmm... there it is)...A...... (hmmmm...tricky....OK, I got it).......C......(wait, wait, I know that one.....NO, NOT "MAN">:(..........)......GOT IT! MAC:)Head there, buy one, be happy, live happily ever after!!!;)

Hey that's pretty funny. MAC's don't get viruses as often because they're screwed up enough as it is. ;)

Weegegirl,

Once you get your computer purged off all the little demons, stop using Internet Explorer.

Try Firefox. Once you start using it, you won't know why you didn't start earlier, plus it doesn't use ActiveX, so your computer will be much less vulnerable to auto-installing spyware and various web-borne viruses.

:)

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project