Ron

Looking for a Watch/Heart Rate monitor

Looking to buy a watch with a Heart Rate Monitor.

What I need:
HR Monitor
Split timer

What would be nice...GPS.

Any good ones and good places to buy one?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I have the Timex BodyLink with GPS. I use it at the gym and while running. I generally like it, although the GPS can be weak at times and lose the signal if you are too close to trees,buildings, or whatnot.

My only complaint is that the HRM portion doesn't work with the the LifeFitness cardio stuff at the gym. The Polar HRMs do.

I think if you just want a HRM, go with the Polar. If you really need GPS, go with the Bodylink.
--
drop zone (drop'zone) n. An incestuous sesspool of broken people. -- Attributed to a whuffo girlfriend.

I'll trade you one for a Rolex!

Gee what a great deal!!!;)

Sorry, I'm keeping the rollie...But to be honest, I should have listened to my buddy (Okalb on here) and not bought it...It is a very nice watch, that can't keep time. Now I am looking at the one attached...Still the Rolex is pretty.

I could juts get one that is a bike computer.....But:

Welcome to WCA.. Watch Collectors Anonymous.

Hi, my name is Ron and I have a problem....
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I'll trade you one for a Rolex!

Gee what a great deal!!!;)

That Rolex is NOT the right watch for you, Ron. I can tell based upon your utter hatred in the post above. I will be more than happy to take care of it for you for a while. I'll even let you hold a worn out Tag in lieu of the Rollie's absence.

See what a nice guy I am?

Welcome to WCA.. Watch Collectors Anonymous.

Hi, my name is Ron and I have a problem....

I think it's cheaper to keep the GPS and the HR separate.

I have the Timex Speed Distance which uses GPS to give speed and distance (duh), but not location. Sells for $99 now. I have one of the better, but still simple Polars (M52) from 4 years back. Tad over 100.

Models that do both are coming along, but still seem rather pricy, and not quite there yet. I don't want to pay that kind of money to be a tester.

I have the Timex Speed Distance which uses GPS to give speed and distance (duh), but not location. Sells for $99 now.

I don't think I am going to worry about the GPS....If it can't be used for navigation, I'd rather just throw my Garmin in my back pack.

But I need/want a HR monitor.....SO I think I am going with the Timex Bodylink with HR monitor.
http://www.ewatchstore.com/59tibo.html

It can be upgraded later to the GPS or with another device that will let me download the stuff to my computer.

Looking to buy a watch with a Heart Rate Monitor.

What I need:
HR Monitor
Split timer

What would be nice...GPS.

Any good ones and good places to buy one?

Czech out --

Polar USA products

mh