jumper74

What size reserve?

Forget what size your container is and it doesn't matter what main your flying.

How much do you weigh, out the door?

What size will depend in part on WHICH reserve. All the manufacturers offer sizeing charts on their websites. Use something less than expert. Can't go wrong with 1:1.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

If I suppose the 150 main canopy is suitable for you, I suggest you buy a 143 PD reserve of which the actual size is 151 square feet according Paragear catalog at page 285. You still have to match the volume of both canopies with the container size. Ask the harness/container manufacturer what size you need for the canopies of your choice. I do not recommend you to have a reserve with lines the same length or longer than the lines of your main (in case of a double deployment). Shorter lines for the reserve will likely provide you a steerable configuration like a biplane since the main will take the lead. This is what I think based on a single experience.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

I fly a pilot 150 and am having a smart 175 for a reserve put in soon. Hoping never to see it, but if I do, would not be wanting to worry about landing it like I would if I had had a smaller one. I wonder what other sport you pay £700ish for something that you never want to see?:S

Don't worry about your Smart reserve. It has a good flare and is easy to land.

To the OP: You should not have a reserve that you're afraid to use. Worrying about what you have in your container is not good for your performance and enjoyment in freefall, and hesitating about using it is a big safety issue. You COULD probably land a reserve that was significantly smaller than your main, because reserves are easy to handle and low performance, but you want somthing that you feel good about deploying.

If you fly a 150 main, you'd have no problems landing a same size reserve. Talk to your local dealer about demoing, or contact manufacturers directly, they have demo reserves that are rigged with a normal deployment system and 3 ring risers so you can put them in a main container and test jump them.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?