shmali

Another Good Reason To Ditch IE

Firefox in comparison to Mozilla 1.7 isn't very good. There is a huge loss of functionality and it just feels a whole lot less featureful. If you do choose firefox, be sure to get 0.8, as 0.9 is buggy as all hell.

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF

I prefer Opera.

I was just watching the Screen Savers and they mentioned that Linux, Abobe, Mozilla, et all are coming out with an open source automated plugin system that will work on all of those browsers.

That alone will bump up competition against IE.

Firefox in comparison to Mozilla 1.7 isn't very good.... it just feels a whole lot less featureful

That's the whole point. It's a stripped down Mozilla for those of us who aren't going to use the email, news, IRC, and god-knows-whatelse features anyway. The browser core is exactly the same between the two.

F%ck microsoft altogether, my computer was in a completely nonfunctional state (crashed at least once an hour) and then I switched to LINUX, Not a single crash since I've had it installed. Still haven't figured some things out but unless I come up with the cash for a mac, I'll stick with LINUX

Never go to a DZ strip show.

There seems to be a new Firefox just released.

Anyone tried it yet?

Yeah, and I dig it. Haven't run across any significant bugs yet. Plugins install great, as do the themes and extensions. I haven't seen a pop up in months. All in all I love the thing.

For extensions for funtionality I recommend:

Chatzilla (for getting into the pub easily)
AdBlock
GMail notifier
Google Preview
Gcache
FoxyTunes (integrated control of multiple mp3 players)
fireFTP
Homeland Security Threat Lvl (pure amusement purposes)
Tweak Network Settings

That should do it. A few pretty themes and have fun B|

F%ck microsoft altogether, my computer was in a completely nonfunctional state (crashed at least once an hour) and then I switched to LINUX, Not a single crash since I've had it installed.

I felt that way for A long time. I used Linux for years, & I eventually had enough of it and bought a mac. That's a whole other thread...

My vote is for Safari. Very Similiar to Firefox in it's operations.
=========Shaun ==========

F%ck microsoft altogether, my computer was in a completely nonfunctional state (crashed at least once an hour) and then I switched to LINUX, Not a single crash since I've had it installed.

I felt that way for A long time. I used Linux for years, & I eventually had enough of it and bought a mac. That's a whole other thread...

My vote is for Safari. Very Similiar to Firefox in it's operations.

I have been using the Mac Firefox in addition to Safari and have to say that I quite like it.

Just having tabbed browsing is worth the switch from IE for Windows users...nevermind the other good reasons to dump IE.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Another good reason is this Cumulative Security Patch for IE6 running with XP SP2 DOESNT F*C*ING WORK. It's supposed to stop malicious code execution in websites but it wipes out all the websites creates a quick ping timeout so that NO web pages will load. The Hotfix is KB834707 It was supposedly fixed by Microsoft last weekend so it would be more stable but after installing it for a second time t worked for a while but just quit working and IE6 was back to the same routine. I just uninstalled this Hotfix and everything is now back to normal. Service Pack 2 is still installed and is working fine but this Hotfix for IE is just the Pits. When will Microsoft get it right?

Chris