ChasingBlueSky

4 million spam a day!!

And you thought you got a lot of spam!

Bill Gates Gets 4 Million E-Mails a Day

SINGAPORE - Bill Gates might not use AOL, but he's definitely got mail. The Microsoft Corp. chairman receives millions of Internet messages a day, said Steve Ballmer, the company's chief executive. "Bill literally receives 4 million pieces of e-mail per day, most of it spam," Ballmer said Thursday.

Spam or junk e-mails are unsolicited messages, generally advertising goods or services and usually sent to many e-mail accounts simultaneously.

Ballmer said Microsoft has special technology that just filters spam intended for Gates. In addition, several Microsoft employees are dedicated to ensuring that nothing unwanted gets into his inbox.

"Literally there's a whole department almost that takes care of it," he said.

Ballmer was in Singapore for the company's Government Leader's forum, which ends Friday.

While we are on this topic - I've got a Spam question that maybe one of your coputer Gurus can help me out with here...

Do the "Unsubscribe" links on Spam ever really work? Is it wise to try to use those, or will they just send you more spam... I've been Unsubscribing to almost all the spam I get, and It just keeps-a coming - am I shooting myself in the foot here?
=========Shaun ==========

Do the "Unsubscribe" links on Spam ever really work?

Yeah, it works great. Works in that the spammer now knows for sure that your email address is active and being read by someone so they know to send you even more spam and can sell your address to others.

:P

There have even been times that if you follow an unsubscribe link the spammer will try to infect you witha virus. It's generally best just to delete the spams before you even read them.

-----
Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries. - Corita Kent

While we are on this topic - I've got a Spam question that maybe one of your coputer Gurus can help me out with here...

Do the "Unsubscribe" links on Spam ever really work? Is it wise to try to use those, or will they just send you more spam... I've been Unsubscribing to almost all the spam I get, and It just keeps-a coming - am I shooting myself in the foot here?

There is a shareware program called "mail washer" I've been using it for years and I dont get ANY spam, it's all deleted at the ISPs server.
Check it it's great.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?