virgin-burner

thanks alti-2 - N3 in the mail!

finally, after what seemed years, i got the N3 in the mail last friday..

i pre-ordered as soon as it was announced, and am very happy with it!

alloy-casing, glass-display, waterproof, the package included the USB-cable, a cd with programs, cable-ties and a "glove", like the armour for the neptune2.. of course, velcro-straps for either wrist- or handmount were also provided!

took it for a spin saturday, but only got to do one hop n'pop, it all works as advertised i suppose, havent read the manual, but its all pretty intuitive. this is my first digital altimeter, so, if you're not completely technically challenged, its pretty self-explanatory..

i love my N3! :)
link to product
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

it's gotta be better than the N2 - I grew tired of seeing firmware version as opposed to altitude on exit.
-300 when exiting with a tandem @ 13500 is not what I like to see. After repeatedly replacing the batteries and upgrading firmware, uncle!
>:(

i walked into square 1 @ perris and grabbed the only they had today. Cant wait to jump it. But I think Im going to be putting it inside the helmet

Are you saying that square1 in Perris has them in stock while OP _just_got_his_ and he preordered it as soon as it was anounced?
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

dude said it was the only one they've had..

i harrassed jenn plenty, there were a couple of people in line before me, and certainly some dealers; NEVER seen one so far!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I still think he bought neptune 2 not N3... When I was in Perris earlier this year they had exactly one neptune 2 in stock and I bought that one so I'm guessing they keep their stock low.

Although it would be really nice to see N3 in a store window and be able to buy it right there.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

I'm currently more worried about custom charges and tax after the package reaches Europe. But I should be buying some gear in US in a short while and having N3 in stores would be great. If it still isn't available by then I'll email Jen and hope she can get one for me. She's been very helpful so far.

Last time I ordered something from US I got hit with:
- 20% customs fee on value of product + shipping charges (I argued for about 30min why shipping charges should not be included but it didn't help)
- VAT (20%) on value of (product + shipping charges) with added customs fee.

So for each 100USD worth of item I receive I have to pay 44USD worth of taxes and fees. I'm smuggling all my stuff from US and that's why I'll but more stuff at once so my airplane ticket will be much less than total tax+fees I'd pay if I had it sent to me.