peacefuljeffrey

Ever had Skirt Steak? Do you like it?

My dad's great. When he comes down from NY, he brings me a bag full of frozen steaks! This time, it was porterhouses and skirt steaks.

In the diners on Long Island, they call skirt steak "Romanian Tenderloin Steak." It's often the most expensive thing on the menu at the typical Greek diner, actually. My mom used to order it every so often, and I'd get a taste. I always found it delicious. I found out many years later, by reading a label at the supermarket, that another name for this steak is "beef diaphragm!" How weird is that? Well, I still love the stuff, and the reason for this thread is that I'm eating one I just broiled a few minutes ago. I wanted to find out if I'm the only one who likes it.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

OMG I only just realized what "Skirt Steak" could seem like a euphemism for!! :D LOL!!

And given the forum in which the post appears... I'm surprised it hasn't been jumped on!

Did I really just hijack my own thread and steer it towards a discussion of terms for pussy?! :$:D

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I don't know. Since ahhh, um steak/beef seems to refer more to guys, I was thinking something like this.... :D:D:D

Now, how do you like the skirt steak??? :P:P:D:P:P

Cartoon, probably not be safe for work, depends...

Oh yeah, BTW "I am unfamiliar with it." :D

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

Skirt steak is the same thing as fajitas. Now who here doesn't like fajitas that eats meat?

Wendy W.

Edited to say: oops, Mike beat me to it.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Skirt steak is good for making fajitas with, too.

That's all I've ever used it for - (when I lived in Austin-) What was the name of that kickass marinade for fajitas?

Such a waste. Skirt steak is some of the juiciest most tender meat. Problem is, it doesn't look pretty like a TBone when it's packaged up at the butcher, so it gets relegated to filler meat. There's a place in Puerto Rico down by Las Piedras that serves it broiled, it's fantastic.

OMG I only just realized what "Skirt Steak" could seem like a euphemism for!! :D LOL!!

And given the forum in which the post appears... I'm surprised it hasn't been jumped on!

I have to admit, you caught me looking. :)
I wasn't sure exactly what a skirt steak was, and wanted a few more details.

Perhaps you should start a poll with the thread title: "What kind of steak makes you horny?"