redramdriver

New DOG

Well, the wife said no more pets. We allready have 2 cats and a dog. But, I know of a batch of 6 week old pure breed labs puppies that are just begging to be taken home! So, a surprise trip tonight out to the breeders farm. BTW...it is my bday this week and X-mas is just around the corner, so...vote away. I could be B|. or maybe get a B| I will let you all know when I know.
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

Goldens are great, but make sure you get them from a reputable breeder. I inherited my golden from my sister who bought the dog at a pet store at the mall. She, the golden, is 5.5 yrs old and has arthritis in both rear knees. Deramax for the arthritis from the vet is about $2 a pill and she takes one a day to help with the arthritis. The lab is a wild one. Luckily I had the lab before I got married because my wife says we can't have another one. I'm sure if I bring home an eight-week-old lab puppy that weighs 5 lbs she'll fall in love with it. It's just when that 5 lb puppy becomes a 78 lb terror that I'll have to worry.

Big Ed

I bet they're the cutest things too. I think your dog will be happy since now it'll be 2 on 2 with the cats. I don't know about the cats and your wife though. You might find yourself sharing the couch with you best friend for a bit while the puppy and wife sleep comfy on the bed. :P Post some pics if you get the pup. Best of luck.

Well, I guess it's time to hijack my own thread....got to the farm...had to tell her we were going to get some farm fresh milk and eggs for our trip to see her parents tomorrow in NYC...hehe...well we get there and there is puppie noises all over and she gets this "I'm gonna kick yer ass" look cause she knows I have wanted another dog. Well we go into the house, and after about 2 minutes we pick up a dog and well.......we will be bringing "mud room Maggie" home in two weeks....will post pic's then. And will also tell the story about the mud room!
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

Sorry to hijack your thread. Labs are great dogs. They are very loyal and they are good with kids. Mine is about three years old now and she is not slowing down. My folks have a chocolate lab that is about 7 yrs old and that dog is finally settling down. Good luck with the puppy. When I picked out my lab, the breeder had all of the pups in a kiddie swimming pool. I picked the one that was jumping around pouncing on all of the other pups.

Big Ed

We picked up our lab? mix at the pound when he was two month's old. In One month he doubled in weight from 10# to 20#.

One of our dogs (male lab mix 10 Yo ) has adopted the new puppy Our other lab mix female will tolerate him unless he wants to "play". Just a gentle growl and the puppy knows not to go there.

Glad we got the pup we laugh at the pack interaction every day. The county will only allow us to have 6 dogs.......:(

The last time we had three lab? we bought 1000# of dog food/yr. One good vet bill could equal that easy.

R.I.P.