Hooknswoop

2-Stow Bag

Haha, nice. I've always been taught that bad tension on the stows or the stows being way too short, doesn't allow any time for the deployment to slow down. Obviously in reading comments it opens just the same. So does it not really matter how fast lines come off then? Or is there still some pressure on the lines created by the packjob pushing on it?

Thanks.

Nick
"As soon as you're born you start dying. So you might as well, have a good time."
-CAKE

I'm crazy not stupid. There is a difference.

Haha, nice. I've always been taught that bad tension on the stows or the stows being way too short, doesn't allow any time for the deployment to slow down. Obviously in reading comments it opens just the same. So does it not really matter how fast lines come off then? Or is there still some pressure on the lines created by the packjob pushing on it?

Thanks.

Nick

The canopy doesn't start to open until it comes out of the bag.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Yeah, I understand that part, but ive always been told the stows take time to come off and keeps the drag of the D-bag and pilot chute over your head for a longer period of time it slows you down before the canopy comes out of the bag. Is this not the case?

I hope what im trying to say makes sense...
"As soon as you're born you start dying. So you might as well, have a good time."
-CAKE

I'm crazy not stupid. There is a difference.

Yeah, I understand that part, but ive always been told the stows take time to come off and keeps the drag of the D-bag and pilot chute over your head for a longer period of time it slows you down before the canopy comes out of the bag. Is this not the case?

I hope what im trying to say makes sense...

Your reserve has only 2 line stows and it would not kill you even by terminal opening....

I finally saw this bag in person. It's really nice. The dimensions fit the container perfectly. I don't know if the magnets are necessary or not but the pouch is designed well. The lines are are easy to stow and sit in the pouch very secure.

FYI. Staged openings are important. Taking the canopy to line stretch before the bag comes off is what's required. Locking stows are needed but the rest of the stows are only there to keep the lines organized and carry the lines away from the jumper during deployment.

This bag contains the lines rather well and the lines appear to pay out very clean. I neglected to take a deployment shot but we were doing multiway freefly jumps so it was not an option.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto