skymedic

guitar player's???

Dang, Adam...you are kick-ass! Good stuff...circles, arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.

As for me, I agree with everyone about the Ibanez....but get an experienced player to evaluate it for you before you buy.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The placement of the pickups in the body helps to determine the sound that you will get out of them. The humbucker is (I believe) the pickup that was invented by Les Paul and Mary Ford, and is the oldest and cleanest sounding pickup. It is placed closest to the end of the neck. If you want down and dirty sounds, it requires different styles of pickupsm and the placement in the body will be lower.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

The humbucker is (I believe) the pickup that was invented by Les Paul and Mary Ford, and is the oldest and cleanest sounding pickup.

the single coil came first.In 1931 Rickenbacher produced a Hawaiin guitar called the "Frying Pan" It was the first instrument to use a modern stye electromagnetic pickup

the humbucker was invented in 1954 by Seth Lover and Walter Fuller to "buck the hum" of single coil pickups

Dang, Adam...you are kick-ass! Good stuff...circles, arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.
As for me, I agree with everyone about the Ibanez....but get an experienced player to evaluate it for you before you buy.

you know me always going for extra credit haha

i have 2 ibanez's, that one's a newer model, the other one i have is a really old one from the 80's that still sounds as great as that one!

But also one thing to take into consideration is how does the guitar feel for you? most people will say buy this and this but make sure you get a guitar that feels right for you.
try out different types, do you prefer small frets, medium or jumbo, do you like a thicker or smaller neck, how does the guitar sound, etc

Remember, it's not the guitar that sounds good, it's the person behind the guitar that makes it sound good. (although a well sounding guitar is nice :P)

someone else make a guitar post so i can talk on and on about guitars :D:D

it's not the guitar that sounds good, it's the person behind the guitar that makes it sound good.

True dat. A firend of mine was asking me how I got the guitar to sound like I did. He was upset because he couldn't get that sound. I told him, "Play for ten years."

Then his playing started sounding like mine, since I gave him lessons. Being self taught, my playing was always weird. For some reason, people liked that.

Regarding feel - if he's not experienced, it's not gonna make much difference how it feels. His first guitar will be his baseline, and other guitars following will either feel better or worse. Me? I don't like strat necks. So I like Les Pauls and Tele's.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You're getting lots of great answers here. I think your next step is to go to your friendly neighborhood music store. If the salespeople there know their stuff, they will lead you in the right direction. Best advice I've heard in my 37 years of playing is buy the best you can afford today. One caveat, here in the Washington, DC area everybody I know will steer clear of the national chains. They are only interested in making their daily sales goal and don't know much about the products. The independently owned shops around here are the only ones I'll go to.

I've played blues, rock, folk, bluegrass, jazz, you name it over the years. There's nothing like the sweet sound of a good guitar, especially to the person playing it. Good luck with your musical adventures. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.