ccowden

Welp- There go my dreams of a Super Bowl

Even though, without Owens, the Eagles are still arguably better than they were last season at this time, I think it may be over. There are just too many good teams going to the playoffs who are healthy and playing well.

Man, when I heard T.O. was out for the playoffs, it was like getting punched in the gut! The Eagles went from a real Super Bowl contender to just an average playoff team in one short play. I will keep my fingers crossed that they can rally and make the Big Show, because T.O. will return for that, but I just don't think it will happen.

You a fan of "welp?" Or you makin fun of me?

Me, tease you? I would never! :o

Ok, maybe I am just a little, but in a, "oh, that's so cute" way. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

That sucks that he got hurt. But, the Eagles still have the best record in the NFC and have clinched home field advantage.

I haven't kept up with what all the teams are doing but, just looking at the records, Atlanta is the next best team and rest just look so-so. I don't know how much T.O. has been a factor but I'd say there's still hope.

What I want to see is an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl. With a victory for those of us on the left side, of coarse. :P Go Steelers! B|

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

I don't know how much T.O. has been a factor but I'd say there's still hope.

You tell me-
http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFC/RECTDS/2004/regular

He also plays an even bigger role than that. teams have to play him so hard that it opens up the field for so many other possibilties. Having T.O. in the lineup changes everything! But the Eagles still do have a really good team without him. They are just going to have to work much harder and make alot of changes to get it done. Everyone is going to have to step up!

Losing T.O. is no doubt a big hurt. But I think the Eagles have a chance. McNabb is a good QB.

Like you said, the rest of the team will have to step it up and no doubt they will. I'm going to say they're going to make it pretty far. The Super Bowl isn't out of site.

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

No, it is not out of reach for them. The NFC isn't the strongest side either. If you look at the NFC, the Eagles still have a team that can go all the way, even without T.O.

And I am not worried about the AFC, cuz that means the Eagles would be in the Super Bowl! And we may have T.O. back for that.

So you are right. It is not completely over. Just alot more of an uphill battle.

Note that I much maligned TO prior to this season. I thought he would be a detriment to the team, since he was not a team player, could not be counted on to block downfield, nor work hard when he was not the priary receiver to wear out the secondary.

I reiterate my withdrawl my previous commentary on TO. He's been spectacular for the Eagles, and this injury hurts the team, thus putting them in roughly the same position as they have been for their previous playoff chokes.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

No, it is not out of reach for them. The NFC isn't the strongest side either. If you look at the NFC, the Eagles still have a team that can go all the way, even without T.O.

And I am not worried about the AFC, cuz that means the Eagles would be in the Super Bowl! And we may have T.O. back for that.

So you are right. It is not completely over. Just alot more of an uphill battle.

Wow, I miss the sports page on Monday and I missed that TO was hurt! I was really hoping for a Colts/Eagle game!