Erick832000

WHAT TO DO????

Buy what new or used? Personally, I bought everything used except my fourth jumpsuit and ProTrack,and most of the used stuff I bought, I found on the classifieds here. Buy used and spend your money on jumps, at least for now..
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

Im graduating this summer and im not sure what to do now... SHOULD I BUY NEW OR USED?

How many jumps do you have?
How quick do you need it?
How much money do you have?
Will you be earning a good income?
Did they teach you to use apostrophes in contractions?

Im graduating this summer and im not sure what to do now... SHOULD I BUY NEW OR USED?

If one of the following applies

1. Graduating from a top-7 law school and therefore headed for a good firm
2. Graduating from a ROTC program and becoming active-duty military
eligible for a good discount
3. Graduating to satisfy the conditions of your trust fund

and you don't care about $6000 coming out of your pocket, 6 months of gear rental, and thousands of dollars you loose in depreciation you might buy new.

In all other cases USED.

For most degrees, WELL-USED. Saving an emergency fund so you don't have to go home to mom & dad when you loose your job, saving a down payment on a house, or saving 20% of your income so you can retire in 21 years should all be higher priorities than looking good.

AADs should be priced on time-remaining on their life time, batteries, and inspection cycle. Some people are overly optimistic on that and your total cost of ownership will be lower over the next 12 years if you buy a new one.

Unless you get a package deal, in which case the whole rig might be $2500-$3000.