mmacro

Pro-Track & computer connection

I just ordered a Pro-Track. I use a iBook and Paralog.

Do I need to order the L&B adapter to connect it to the 3rd party logging software on my Mac?

I just don't want to drop that much money if I can pick up a generic cable from an electronics store for $5 that will work instead.

I just ordered a Pro-Track. I use a iBook and Paralog.

Do I need to order the L&B adapter to connect it to the 3rd party logging software on my Mac?

Yes. The pro-track has an infra-red LED on back which lines up with an IR receiver in the cradle with a standard serial connection on the other end. It's not a standard IR protocol.

There are other recording altimeter devices that have mini-USB or standard IR interfaces.

The JumpTrack software is not compatible with OSX. You could run it in multiboot or Parallels or something.

Paralog is compatible with OSX and with ProTracks.

All of this according to published documentation, not first hand experience.
Johan.
I am. I think.

I've got Paralog to work. It installed fine. I suggest contacting Klaus if you are having problems.

I was asking about how Pro-Track attaches to computers. I did not know if it had a mini USB, or I have to buy the L&B IR dock. Their user guide does not give specifics of the device.

I've read that some peole are having problems with the IR connection and was hoping to find some more feedback (good or bad) about this.