PhreeZone

New Spyware scanning tool

They actually bought another company that had a good (but only pay for service) Scanner and re-released is as free ;)

Was that other company also saying Ethereal (winpcap) is spyware? And DameWare Remote Control as well? :S

Looks like i'm going to stick to Spybot, Spywareblaster, Hijackthis and Adaware.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

Wincap is actually being used now by a few spyware software bits so its warned but you can ignore it from all future scans. The really cool feature I like is that you have a real time scanned built in with it so that if something tries to get installed it will be prevented. Its not a removal tool, its a prevention tool.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Ethereal is not detected, but the WinCAp network protocol software is detected as a possible suspect program due to some of its uses. Nothing different then a few keyloggers being detected as suspect software by Norton/Mcafee/Panda because 90% of the time they are used for bad instead of good.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

Remember... this is designed more as a prevention tool then a cleaner tool. Better to prevent them from ever getting there in the first place then to have to clean them after they already get installed. ;)

I'll have a beta of the Mcafee on access protection product within 30 days I'll send you also :)
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

I installed it on this W2000 box to test it out, and oddly enough, it found nothing labeled as spyware. I thought that was odd, so I ran AdAware and caome up with a whole freakin' 4 cookies. Not bad I say. What freaked me out more is I got a pop up shortly after that warning me that my Windows messenger service was enabled (I forgot to disable it after my fresh wipe 3 weeks ago). Cool! What's better? It disabled it for me...
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1