ccowden

TLC's Trading Spaces

Ok, this show is supposed to take place over two days. They make a pretty big production out of Day One and Day Two. What I don't understand is why they all wear the same clothes they had on for Day One.

At first I thought it was not really over two days and they just made it look that way, but I have seen it get dark outside and then light again over the course of completeing the project. So I think it is actually two days.

The two "teams" who trade spaces supposedly sleep in the house and work well into the night, so I guess I can buy that they actually don't change their clothes. But the cast and crew all leave and come back the next day. I assum they must stay in a hotel. Why do they all come back in the same clothes? Are you telling me they A. Don't shower and throw the same clothes back on? or B. They shower and throw the same clothes back on? I don't get it. And I am not just talking about a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. The designers will even come back wearing the same outfit.

Anyone else noticed/wondered this? It happens on EVERY episode.

Maybe they buy 2 outfits that are identical. It's possible I suppose. :S But it does seem weird, especially since people notice it. You can't be the only one in their entire viewing area that would see that and make a comment about it. Well, I guess you could be, but it's not likely. [:/]

I've noticed it too. I'm sure it has to do with the editing and filming sequence. I watched one of their 'special' shows and they did mention they film some sequences separately or out of sequence from the actual show. Does seem odd though that they wouldn't have a change of clothes for the shots that will be shown on the second day of the viewing!:S

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Although the editting theory is certainly the right one. I like yours best! That is the one I am going with. It will be more fun to watch and think they are all stinky!:)
Let's do that when I come to SDC in May. We will skydive all day, then party and get drunk til we fall asleep in our clothes, then crawl back into the plane stinky, dirty and wearing the same clothes the next day.

Oh wait...... I do that all the time!:D

Let's do that when I come to SDC in May. We will skydive all day, then party and get drunk til we fall asleep in our clothes, then crawl back into the plane stinky, dirty and wearing the same clothes the next day.

Drinking at night leads to nakedness in the pond...so we'll smell like fish!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Maybe it's got to do with the editing. Sometimes tv shows edit (for example) day 2 footage into parts of day 1 footage. If they wear the same clothes, then it will look like it is suposed to. Does that make sense? LOL :S

That is the exact reason that they do it. They had a behind the scenes on earlier this year and talked about it. Some of them do wear the exact same clothes both days and some of them like Frank buy 2 sets of identical clothes so they can wear clean clothes the next day.
Fly it like you stole it!

some of them like Frank buy 2 sets of identical clothes

Apparently Paige Davis does this as well. In her case, since the teams can't know what's going on in their own home, she has spare clothes in case she gets paint or something on one set. She can change before going to the other home, and no one is the wiser about colours and materials being used.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

The women must not have had very good panty lines or you wouldn't have noticed this. ;)

Now come on! This is serious! I would appreciate it if you would keep this type of comment for The Bonfire.

Oh.. hehehe..:P

Very funny, miss greenie pants! Very funny!