adamjenner

does anyone know....

How to get rid of the smell of moldy chicken from a whole downstairs area? ....at least i think it was chicken but i can't be too sure.

anyone know an effective way of getting rid of the smell at all? or at least how long it'll be until it settles down and you can't smell it?

i tried spraying with lysol but it just made the smell worse

Try Febreze (not sure of spelling) - it's a very strong odor NEUTRALIZER... it doesn't cover it up.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.:P

LOL!!!! No, no...that wasn't my "radio announcer voice"

hmmm... wonder how well it'd work when someone rips ass in the plane?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

smoke alot drugs lol:P;):P:D

that would just make it EVEN worse.
i can't walk into my room now it smells so fuckin bad.
I think it was actually fish that has been there for at least a month. i don't know how that got through.

it didn't smell until it splash smelly fish water all over my floor and bookbag.

Have you cleaned the area that the moldy chicken was in well? You can also try setting out bowls of vinegar around the room for a day or so. If there is carpet, sprinkle baking soda on the carpet and vacuum. I like Febreeze also and use it a lot.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

yeah febreeze is awesome but we don't have any and it's sunday so the stores are closed. so that 2 year bottle of lysol was all i had....and yeah it just made it worse. basically the downstairs is smell free but my room

so as long as i don't open my door the smell is contained for a while. I just hope it's gone by morning because i don't think i could sleep in that room

I guess a lesson was learned about leaving old plates, bowls, cups, and glasses around.

Do you have a candle you can burn to cover up the smell?

And where the hell do you live that there aren't any stores open on a Sunday:S
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I just hope it's gone by morning because i don't think i could sleep in that room

Does the place you live in have a fireplace? Open all the doors and windows, then start a fire in the fireplace, that helps pull oders away. Clean the effected areas (where the food was) with bleach (check with a very small area to make sure it doesn't discolor or destroy whatever it is).

Then do everything menioned previously, especially the baking soda on the carpet. You can do that with a vacuum and your upostered furnature as well.

In the worst case, just move out.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

when you consider that it's probably -10C or so with a major blizzard forecast (if his forecast is the same as mine, we're in the same general region) it'd be a bit chilly with all the windows and doors open today. ;)
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

when you consider that it's probably -10C or so with a major blizzard forecast (if his forecast is the same as mine, we're in the same general region) it'd be a bit chilly with all the windows and doors open today.

Naw, you've just gotta be hardcore man, hardcore...

(I didn't look to see where he was from and couldn't remember off the top of my head).:o
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

when you consider that it's probably -10C or so with a major blizzard forecast (if his forecast is the same as mine, we're in the same general region) it'd be a bit chilly with all the windows and doors open today. ;)

OH i can't hardly wait for that system to come through. I have a feeling i'll be getting snowed in at work again.
I got the smell out!