loumeinhart

health question

I have a fair complexion and good skin, but if I drink ANYTHING other than light beer. ie bud/r rock/vodka/ I get huge red blotches on my face and down my neck - they almost look like birthmarks or a bad rash, my face feels real warm. This will happen after 2 tall budweisers - but I could drink bud light all night and never get them ????

I have a fair complexion and good skin, but if I drink ANYTHING other than light beer. ie bud/r rock/vodka/ I get huge red blotches on my face and down my neck - they almost look like birthmarks or a bad rash, my face feels real warm. This will happen after 2 tall budweisers - but I could drink bud light all night and never get them ????

Something like that happens to a friend of mine. She takes allergy medicine before drinking and it seems to help.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

From the brief description, sounds like Rosacea. but check this website (http://www.rushcopley.com/HealthContent/Adult/derm/rosa.htm) or chat with a dermatologist to confirm
Supposibly (I don't know if it's really a word, but oh well) WC Fields had it too.

She takes allergy medicine before drinking and it seems to help.

If it has an antihistamine in it (many allergy medicines do), I don't think you're supposed to mix them with alcohol.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

She takes allergy medicine before drinking and it seems to help.

If it has an antihistamine in it (many allergy medicines do), I don't think you're supposed to mix them with alcohol.

I think it's a prescription like Allegra or something that's probably even worse to mix with alcohol! :o

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Some people have that allergy of looking flushed across the top of the chest up to the cheecks in the face after kicking back some. Funny how some people also have that same flushed look when they are ughm... you know...

:P

I get that too...fair skin as well. It is REALLY BAD when I drink red wine...looks like someone dipped their finger tips in red paint and touched my face and neck. :S But I LOVE the stuff and I love the song by UB40...:ph34r:

My mom has the same problem too...and my dad gets very flush right away, but it's uniform all over his face (he is also Native American and not quite the pale faces we are though. :P)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

There's a lot of things you're not supposed to mix with alcohol...like golf carts, blow up dolls, a roll of duct tape and a 1/2lbs of black powder...

>:(:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I get that when I drink, but only for about four months after I give birth. My face gets red and puffy every time I drink certin things, but thank goodness It doesn't happen a few months postpartem.

~Cindy~
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Spelling and grammar errors are left as an exercise for the reader.