windcatcher

Help me find some entertaining karaoke songs

I am trying to find some fun songs to sing w/ the family ( I mean, the dz) when we go out and do karaoke. Anybody got some suggestions for a female to sing? It can either be a solo, or a male/female duet.
Lemme hear your suggestions, or if you know a great place online to find songs.
What should I sing? ( and please do not suggest me to sing "I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls)--despite what my rigger thinks, I am not gonna sing that! :P

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Okay, so I'm not by any means a regular karaoke person, nor do I have the world's greatest voice. When I have gone, then, I've found that the most successful songs are the ones that *everyone* in the audience knows and wants to sing along to. That way, they're having as much fun as you are and they're not obessing about how good (or bad) your performance is.

My favorite? "I Want You to Want Me."
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I've found that the most successful songs are the ones that *everyone* in the audience knows and wants to sing along to.

Yeah, I want to find some fun songs to sing to, more of the upbeat kind that others can sing to and dance alongside me with.

Its one of my all time favorite songs and I always laugh my ass off while watching people try to sing it (and I've been known to try after having a *cough* good handful of drinks).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

What's that song from Grease, "Summer Lovin'"?? The one where all the guys & gals sing "Tell me more, tell me more". I see that one done a lot, it's a good male/female duet & the crowd usually chimes in as well.
;) Don

Sorry about gettin' that song stuck in everyone's head now. B|B|
Don

Here's to friends!

What's that song from Grease, "Summer Lovin'"?? The one where all the guys & gals sing "Tell me more, tell me more". I see that one done a lot, it's good male/female duet & the crowd usually chimes in as well.

Oh yeah, that's a good one. One great duet is "Stop Draggin My Heart Around" because neither Stevie Nicks nor Tom Petty has the greatest voice, so you can do it justice even if you're a bad singer (that, btw, was my very first karaoke song ever).

I am trying to find some fun songs to sing w/ the family ( I mean, the dz) when we go out and do karaoke. Anybody got some suggestions for a female to sing? It can either be a solo, or a male/female duet.
Lemme hear your suggestions, or if you know a great place online to find songs.
What should I sing? ( and please do not suggest me to sing "I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls)--despite what my rigger thinks, I am not gonna sing that! :P

OMG! You've come to the right place! I love karoake!!! Blondie (Tide is High) is always good..actually all Blondie goes over well..Macy Gray is another good one "I try"(use the lighter and get the crowd involved)...Nancy Sinatra "These boots were made for walking" is fun...oh my..the list goes on!...and your Divinyls pic "I touch myself" is simply FUN FUN FUN! The audience really likes that one;)

hehe, thanks RkyMtn. :D:D:D
I've only sung one song so far, w. Spanky:), but I hafta find the right song. I don't like a whole lot of female singers, I mostly like music w/ male singers, that's why I need a little help.

Well..shit...if I understood your desire to sing DUETS..then my list would be a little different!;) I sing the GREASE songs and Love Shack with good male singers:D FUN FUN FUN!!

I don't think I've heard of that song before "I'm just a love machine." Then again, I haven't done much karaoke either. I'm trying to find a website of some sort that will let me listen to the more popular songs so I can see if they'd go over well.

What's that song from Grease, "Summer Lovin'"?? The one where all the guys & gals sing "Tell me more, tell me more". I see that one done a lot, it's a good male/female duet & the crowd usually chimes in as well.
;) Don

You're the one that I want is WAY better in Karaoke :$

Sorry about gettin' that song stuck in everyone's head now. B|B|