OrangeJumper

Cesna Jump

Well, I did my first jump out of a cesna this weekend at West Point (yes, I bought beer). I must admit, I was a little aprehensive about it at first because I hate puddle jumper planes but it turned out to be a lot of fun. The only thing sucked was the lack of space. Launching four ways out of that little ass plane was a bit like playing twister. Needless to say, me and my other newb ass buddy were the reason for all of our spots being long. It was a little difficult getting four people set up for an exit on that tiny ass step :S Oh well, it was still fun!

The Original Cabana Boy!

I didn't do my first cesna jump until last July when I had close to 300 jumps. I think I was the ONLY one at my dz that hadn't done one. :D

I'm glad I finally jumped from one but it wouldn't be my first choice of aircraft. It's just way to crowded. The other three guys I jumped with were about my size, 5'10 190 lbs. We were sitting all over each other and I swear it was almost impossible to get out of the plane.

The Original Cabana Boy!

I've never done a cesna jump before:S:D

However,I have made all but 1 jump out of a cessna. I can't wait to jump turbine, but cessna's are fun because you get to sit close and talk to the other jumpers and crawl over each other:)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

My first ever jump was on a static line from the step of a 182. Now that is a baptism of fire. But at least once you've managed the climb-out (right hand - right foot - left hand - left foot, if I remember correctly) you're in a sweet position to do a perfect student exit.

That's just cause you didn't have any women on your load ;) Sitting in the plane is one of the best parts of small cessna jumps! :)

It is amusing to tell a guy who doesn't know how to load a 182 to "spread 'em." ;)

*cough* turbinesnobs *cough*

Don't get me wrong, I love the Caravan, but door dives from the 182 or 206 are a lot of fun and you do make friends all shoehorned in there.

I know we do our SL from a 182 --> left hand, left foot, right foot, right hand. This is for a student with back to the instrument panel. This is the same way that our 10+ year old training video from skydive chicago shows it. :S

Now I did my 5 SLs from a caravan....they were interesting to say the least!

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF

Ah the memories, We used to have a weekend DZ near us
with a turbo cesnsa. I'm 6" and 220lb exit, The trick is
to be last in an when your over 1000ft move to the back an lean against the
rear bulkhead that way you get 20 minutes of confort
Trying to get out the door was interesting but fun

Gone fishing

Inside the plane, that just sucks!

That's just cause you didn't have any women on your load ;) Sitting in the plane is one of the best parts of small cessna jumps! :)

That term is cozy... You just have to make sure you design your load well :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Inside the plane, that just sucks!

Very true! There weren't any women to jump with. Alright Addie, you and I in the Cessna ;)

The Original Cabana Boy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm never done a cesna jump before

However,I have made all but 1 jump out of a cessna.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

huh?

silly, I was making fun of the guys spelling!:P

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I did my training static line from cessna's...and then continued for many years launching 4-ways from cessna's and tons of formation loads with 3 cessna's- c-180, c-182, c-206, until my d.z. got a porter.

Back when we were first launching 4-ways, the slots were, wheel- crotch, step, door. Then we stopped using "the crotch" because of the dangers involved in that slot...and launch became- far hang, wheel, step & door.

My favorite slots were wheel & door- (first out or last out)

Formation loads rawked....great for rw experience- and I miss them, especially diving from chase plane...
:P:P

SMiles;)
I choose rather admit that I know what little I know, and confess that I do not know that which I do not know, for that is the beginning of knowledge.

Think if I have to hear one more "Ewww, it's like, a little plane" from these turbine jumpers, I'm gonna puke. >:(:P

Everyone shoulda learnt how-a sky-jump from a 182. B|:)

Ees a nice-a plane, an' nobody shoulda make-a fun o' her. ;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.