bigway

Singapore, anything to do?

I land in singapore for a day this week, instead of sitting in a plastic chair with armrests all day does anyone know anything to do there? Any good places to go that don't involve tourist sites.
Would appreciate some suggestions from experience please.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I spent a couple of days in Singapore just before Christmas, work mostly, only had one night on the lash.

Electronics software etc, shopping is apparently pretty good, I only had time to check out the duty free.

Had a load of fun down on Orchard road, drank a gin sling at Raffles, and spent a fair bit of the evening people watching on a row of riverside cafes.

I could tell you all about fabrication yards, machine shops and suchlike, but I reckon thats not what you are after.:SB|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Yeh Simlim square used to be good to get electronics. But I have not been there for a while. (all the software you could need).

The spitting lion was ok.

If you are up for rock climbing there is a great boldering wall in bukit merah.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1457989;#1457989

I did enjoy the night zoo if you are there over night. Or if you are a passport whore you can always go to JB and go to Malaysia for a few hours.

The food is great in Singapore but you have to go to somewhere other than Orchid to see how it is normally bought by the locals in the bizzars. Man I miss the food.

If you are really stuck for something to do feel free to PM me if you have questions about some places. But I was only there for 2 months so I don't know how much help I would be.

Else you could always just get a train ticket and travel. The train system there is awsome.

Just remember they have strict rules on chewing gum, flushing toilets and littering.

Go to the Long Bar at Raffle's and have a drink. Good stuff. Don't bother with Jahore Baru - it sux.

Orchard Road is a very interesting place with a lot of good deals.

:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Go to the Irish bar just off Orchard, for a quiet drink.

Hook up with some USMC guys on shore leave.

Have a drinking competion from 11am.

Drink them all under the table.

Somehow manage to get yourself, your baggage thats in storage, and your passport to the airport on time.

Wake up with the worlds biggest hangover on approach to Heathrow. Imediately drink 4 cans of coke and bottle of water. The guy next to you may tell you that he thought you were dead at this point.

Stand at baggage collection at Heathrow wondering if you actually put your bags on the plane.

Be amazed as they turn up, somehow against all odds.

Act suprised when your girlfriend turns up to collect you and wonders why you smell and look like you were drinking 15 hours solid.

Sleep for a day or two.
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

The "whitey" bars are quite amusing. To see the price the charge foreigners to get in and also for the drinks is huge. Just remember "clubs" are for "massages" and "bars" are for drinking. ;) I thought the government changing the church into a bar (and a foreigner one at that) just to piss off the religous nuts was a nice touch.

If you are only there one day, you really will not have a problem finding something to do.

And yes JB is not that great, hence why I mentioned it only as a passport whore effort.