dtthorne

Strange skydiving dreams?

I'm sure others have some interesting dreams! Here is mine from last night.

Myself and a couple of coworkers(not skydivers) doing 4 way. We decide we are going to break off a little early to get good seperation. Well, I have been working really hard at refining an nice flat track and this time in my dream I tracked my ass off! In fact it was so good, one of my coworkers and I had a full on casual conversation discussing it as we were tracking and we both agreed it was awesome! So, during the track which seemed like it lasted for quite a while I had a chance to take in the scenery which consited of basically factories and industrial yards. For some reason our landing area was right between some smoke stacks and I remember thinking, "Wow, this track is so good I don't even have to pull to land!", and I just flew in, tilted my feet down so I went head up and just ran it out. I actually remember thinking "Cool, I don't even have to pack before the next load!"

I don't remember very many dreams, but this one really stood out when I woke up. It is amazing how vivid the details seem like the feel of the wind, smell of the air, and remembering what I was thinking. What interesting tricks our minds play on us!

Anyone else have some interesting dreams recently?

I'm sure others have some interesting dreams! Here is mine from last night.

Myself and a couple of coworkers(not skydivers) doing 4 way. We decide we are going to break off a little early to get good seperation. Well, I have been working really hard at refining an nice flat track and this time in my dream I tracked my ass off! In fact it was so good, one of my coworkers and I had a full on casual conversation discussing it as we were tracking and we both agreed it was awesome! So, during the track which seemed like it lasted for quite a while I had a chance to take in the scenery which consited of basically factories and industrial yards. For some reason our landing area was right between some smoke stacks and I remember thinking, "Wow, this track is so good I don't even have to pull to land!", and I just flew in, tilted my feet down so I went head up and just ran it out. I actually remember thinking "Cool, I don't even have to pack before the next load!"

I don't remember very many dreams, but this one really stood out when I woke up. It is amazing how vivid the details seem like the feel of the wind, smell of the air, and remembering what I was thinking. What interesting tricks our minds play on us!

Anyone else have some interesting dreams recently?

I dreamed I was a belly button. It was very scary.
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

it's weird how distorted dreams can be. i wish i could remember half of what i learned in my psych courses (or any college course for that matter:$).
i've only had two and they were like 1 or 2 months ago. both were similar and very short... and kind of weird! my pc handle was one of those glitter filled stress balls (i actually looked back).
in the first one i think i just tried to squish it... i thought it was weird the hacky was gone and this was there instead. in the second one i had the same weird ball but after i threw it, i went to do my cc and i had ice cream all over my hands.
like i said, they were both short. i hardly ever remember my dreams though. yours was way cooler than mine;)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

I had the most bizarre dream a few days ago. I was doing 2 ways with this girl (someone I've never met), and she mentioned that her half sister flew helicopters, and they had the helicopter at a local airport. We went over, and were going to jump out of the helicopter, but for some reason we could only get to 2K. We decided since it was time for both of us to get repacks soon that we should just jump and pull our reserves. I went first, opened up no problem. She went, pulled (a few seconds later) and opened. I was kinda going towards her just to fly together, when all of a sudden, she started spinning. I assumed that it was line twists, and was just trying to tell her to get out of them, when all of a sudden her canopy collapsed, and opened back up around 500 feet. She landed out, and I did the same. She was fine, in fine spirits, and wanted to just get her canopy repacked, and go back up to do another one. Very weird.

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

i had a weird one a few years back that was so vivid i still remember it. i was a student for over a year and hadn't jumped in over a year when i had this.
i dreamed that i was in a c-130 as a skydiver with one of the instructors at the dz i jumped at. i was in the door spotting with the s/l hooked up and we were at about 1200 ft(normal if a little high for a military jump, but i had on a civilian rig). the j/m said, "we're a little low, but you can do it", so i went. i remember counting and nothing happened. i pulled the reserve and again, nothing. i was watching the swamp come up at me and was thinking "i guess i'll have to fly it down". (i have flying dreams all the time, all i have to do is get myself swinging on something and i take off flying). well, this time, i didn't have anything to swing on, so i was about to start freaking out, when the rigger from the dz flew up beside me, and said "man, you didn't pull the right handle", pulls the handle on the belly reserve, and it opened up about 50' off the ground. i splashed down and walked over to the hangar that wasn't there when i jumped, and we all started drinking beer and laughing about me almost getting killed.
it is so vivid in my mind after about 4 years, and right after i had it, i went to the dz to jump. i had to see if it felt as good as i remembered. i wish i could describe it like i'm seeing it now, it is so cool.

Weird This thread is here this morning. I awoke from a horrible dream this morning. I dreamnt I watched two guys go in. Was watchng them from my moms front yard in Vegas (weird) I was screaming pull mother f**KERS.. It was a very vivid dream. I watched them as they looked to be on there backs then flip over as they passed the tree lines seen the panic in there faces and franticlly trying to deploy then saw pilot chutes and heard them scream then a horrible crash..ran to the end of the street and seen what seemed to be a smashed white van and several cars that had been wreck and people screaming and running everywhere...even weirder was I was horse and could barley scream. Kept saying over and over pull fuckers, pull, why didn't you pull. the words where barely coming out of my mouth in a whisper but I was screaming as hard as I could. The blood and body parts where horrific. I have never seen anyone go and if it is 1/100th as bad as what I saw in my dream I pray I never have to witness it.

This was not the way I wanted to wake up as I am about to head to the DZ with 3 friends I talked into making tandems this morning..

Being today is saftey day.. Please folks be careful. Remember the most important thing you will do in your life after leaving an airplane is PULL! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

ive had a couple of dreams where a mate of mine [non skydiver tho] was jumpin with me, we were gettin low so i gestured to him to pull, and pulled my reserve, then i saw him dissappear below me without pulling. i remember thinking 'crap i must not have told him how to pull' so i took out my hook knife and cut away the reserve and tried to catch him to tell him, i ended up hitting the ground. the funny thing was i was ok, just winded. he was also waitin on the ground with a bug smile on his face sayin how good his first jump had been.
www.ewancowie.com
www.facebook.com/ewancowiephotography

I dreamed I was out at Perris during the Nationals and one of the teams dirt diving in the practice area was The Grateful Dead. Jerry Garcia was obviously NOT dead and everybody was saying things like, "They're not only a great band, but they're turning some shit hot points this year".

Skydiving and The Dead, two of my favorite things.... I think Garcia had a tiny little Vector rig too.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !