sebinoslo

Where to buy a cheap new Cypres 2 online (EU-only)

I guess the whole post fits in the subject...I tried searching this forum but responses were from years ago...

I have been browsing around to see how much a new Cypres 2 can cost and thought some of you may know a website having a great price.
The site has to be within the EU to avoid any customs.

Also, is there a global warranty included? Meaning in case of a problem with it I can just bring it for service at the local store.

Thanks

Aren't you the same guy who's looking at buying a rig before you have even started AFF? You didn't beleive anyone in that thread, when they told you to hold off until after AFF?

How do you know what sort of gear you will want or need once off student status? How do you know you'll ever get off student status?

You are aware that you will not be allowed to jump your own gear during AFF, correct? On the slim chance you are buying a rig your instructors would be happy with you using during AFF (the one from the other thread does not qualify) you would be making an even bigger mistake, as you would outgrow the rig within 20 or 30 jumps.

You're the same guy who thought it was odd to have a reserve that was that would do anything but just barely save your life, right? That impression showed a fundamental lack of understanding of the sport in general. Maybe a good sign that at this point in your education, selection of life saving equipment isn't a great idea.

A far as the Cypres goes, pricing is pretty universal, and there is no local 'store'. You order through a dealer, and service is handled at two locations worldwide, one in Germany one in the US.

This is one thing I hate about the internet and DZ.com. The number of people with zero jumps who think that surfing the web is 'research' and that because they've done that, they're ready to skip all sorts of steps in the process of becoming a jumper.

The same shit also happens to newbie jumpers, who feel that web surfing imparts them with the knowledge to do things that they're not ready for.

Listen up dude, you're making a mistake looking to buy gear at this stage. At best, you stand to waste thousands of dollars. At worst, you stand a chance of injuring or killing yourself with your own ignorance.

Step one is to get off the internet, and go find a DZ. Once there, take the FJC, and begin jumping. Follow the advice of your instructors to the letter. Do not try to come up with your own way of doing things.

Well yes it is me.
I never said I will order it now or anything. I am just curious so I ask questions. If you prefer I can say that there is a 90% chance I will never make a single jump past AFF (apparently this is the commonly acceptable rate). Well, given the odds I may as well cancel the whole thing...

Regarding the used rig post I have no idea how you think I didn't believe anyone or anything that was said.

I guess it is also a sin I spent half an hour having fun designing a container. I have done the same on a BMW and Mercedes website also, way before I had my driving license...

It seems I am not the only with too much time to kill considering the length of your post, since only your 5th paragraph as anything to do with the question asked. I almost want to start a new thread titled "what should I buy for a first rig". That should keep you busy for a while wouldn't it?

It seems I am not the only with too much time to kill considering the length of your post, since only your 5th paragraph as anything to do with the question asked. I almost want to start a new thread titled "what should I buy for a first rig". That should keep you busy for a while wouldn't it?

Funny guy. Look at my profile, I've spent the last 15 years, my entire adult life, jumping out of airplanes. The idea that I'm reading a skydiving website on a Monday morning should be of no surprise to anyone.

You're the douche sitting at home dreaming about rigs you'll never buy, and trying to pick between designing a new Beemer or a new Benz (not actually buying either one).

Trust me, if there was a jump plane running within 50 miles of me right now, I wouldn't be on the internet, I'd be jumping. It's called reality, give it a try sometime.

hey seb..contact me would you? I'll help you out with your questions regarding gear.

Jeg bor i Trondheim, send PM også tar vi det derifra. Vræ obs på at dette forumet er litt sært og krever at du lytter til dem.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

ROFL this makes me laugh. not the OP's post, but the fact that someone is actually getting into an argument on the internet, ya know what they say about arguing on the internet, its like winning in the retard olympics. lol, come on guys.

the guy is trying to get into the sport and asking questions, why are you going to be snarky with someone who potentially wants to become a skydiver. thats not what skydiving is all about and i apologize to the op b/c this is not how skydivers normally are. its just that he probably has a case of the mondays.

ive said my peace, lets all be friends now.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

ROFL this makes me laugh. not the OP's post, but the fact that someone is actually getting into an argument on the internet, ya know what they say about arguing on the internet, its like winning in the retard olympics. lol, come on guys.

the guy is trying to get into the sport and asking questions, why are you going to be snarky with someone who potentially wants to become a skydiver. thats not what skydiving is all about and i apologize to the op b/c this is not how skydivers normally are. its just that he probably has a case of the mondays.

ive said my peace, lets all be friends now.

are you not the same guy who tried to "teach" BASEjumpers abotu BASE ethics awhile ago ?

http://www.basejumper.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2898223

ditto...

Fuck you. I'll argue with whoever I want about anything I want. I stand by my position, and don't need you to come along and minimize my position.

I didn't have a case of the Mondays, I had a case of being tired of douche bags who have not made jump one making 'internet plans' to buy gear before they start jumping.

It's reatrded and a waste of time. It was clearly spelled out in his other thread that this was not the way to proceed, but he goes on to open another thread looking for a local Cypres 'store' where he could get a good deal, and bring it back for service.

This guy is no different than the jackass at the bar who talk a big talk about how he would jump, and that it's no big deal, but amazingly has never shown up at a DZ. In fact this guy is almost worse because after a few hours on the internet, he thinks he's done 'research' and now is 'informed'.

Keep jumping, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Spend any amount of time trying to recruit jumpers, and see how much people like to talk about jumping, but when the day of their jump comes up, you'll also see how many people have 'car trouble' or a 'family problem', and don't show.

Search my posts, and you'll see plenty of positive and constructive responses to people asking sensible questions.

How do I pick a first DZ? Is AFF the way to go, or should I do a tandem? What can I do to be ready on the day of my first jump?

These are good questions that get good answers.

*** What can I do to be ready on the day of my first jump?

These are good questions that get good answers.

Yet when my first post was just about that, you did not take the time to post any advices...

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3521544

Luckily there are plenty of people here taking the time to give great advices.

And you made your point earlier regarding me being a douchebag/jackass/retard, so please let it go.

If he was truly informed, he wouldn't be asking about a cypres.... (but for instance for an Argus :P )...

(now starts running and watch the thread from a safe (long) distance)

The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...

I agree with Dave 100%.

too much useless chatter here. Too much redundant moronic questions that waste peoples time.

dropzone.com is absolutely not a credible source. It's good for unverified secondary data. Talk to people at your local DZ, to gear stores, to instructors with faces and get your answers (or slaps on the face for being an idiot). typing is just way too easy.

sorry, venting as well.