Elpnor

EG Big Guy Suit

Anyone own a big guy suit by EG? I need to slow my fall rate. Also, what extras really help in the fall rate? Double fabric...lining? Booties? They have booties that are vented, anyone know if that helps or if it is just a pain? Gussets? And what the hell are swoop cords and do they work? Thanks to all you O2 starved DZ rats for your input.

Try a search in this and the RW forum for the other 8000 threads on the exact same topic.

good luck

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yeah, the RW forum has tons of threads born and died concerning "suits". 8000 threads about suits, possibly. But the exact question by the OP was EG Big Guy Suit. I would be interested in some reviews of exactly that.
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

fair enough

I'd suggest he still looks for 'Suits/big guys/slowing down/etc' and not so much for any specific vendor

It still follows the same pattern

1 - flying and training
2 - usable features vs just parasitic drag
3 - gimmicks - pros and cons
4 - a bunch of people advocating their random suit feature choices
5 - gratuitious advertising for the local favorite vendor

he's best off talking about it to a bunch of suit makers than here - but even then, many are just out to tack on "options" to the sale

IMO - In the end, nothing beats a good basic comp suit and a tunnel camp for big guys.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I have looked at the postings on the forums. Not all of course, but a lot of them. And the websites of the manufacturers. There isn't a lot of good info out there. Specifically I want to know about the quality of the big guy suit by EG. Also do the vented booties help, or are they just a gimmick? What fabric is best, and what type of lining is perferable? I think that wings would be ecxessive, but extra fabric under the arms with swoop cords seem like they would help a lot. Thanks for a rehash for all you jumpers out there who have been there.

I can talk all day long about TonySuit or FliteSuit Big Boy suits, but while knowing EG have never seen/heard of EG Big Guy Suit.
Do you have a pic or links or specs?
Can you also give us an idea as to your height, weight and discipline of choice for the suit?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Bigger than the average bear. 6'8" and my weight fluctuates between 260-290. I'm trying to drop weight for my fall rate, but I doubt I'll ever be below 260 with my current muscle mass. I want the suit for RW work. I'm ok with my fall rate while sit flying, and I haven't done much head down. It's only when I'm doing formations that I seem to drop away from the fun. You seem like a greased anvil type Bigun, what suit do you like with what options?

Well, SHIT!!! I just may lose my AB#2 status...:D I'm 6'6" and average 260, but can get down to 235 for boogie season. Yeah, helped a lot of AB's over the years.

Anyway, back to suits. Here again, I know nothing of EG's Big Guy Suit, but here's my input from another thread on suits and another.

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Anvils of the world unite! You have nothing to lose but your slots on Cesna 182s. I saw those two posts of yours before while looking through the forums. I have no doubt that the best way to address the fall rate issue is with wings, but how much performance do you lose for rw work? I have a camera jacket I bought from FreaknSuits and I've jumped it maybe three times when I was in Perris, and it made me feel awkward. Nothing against F S, I'm pleased with the quality of the ff jacket and pants I have from them, but I don't know if I like the idea of having a rw suit with wings.
Can you fly just as well with a rw suit with wings? Are there ever problems during pull time, like more line twists? What are the pros and cons of flying with that extra fabric? You should see the problems I've had with my rig and canopy. But that's a different post.

Pm me Wednesday and we'll phone talk..

maybe I can send you one of each (tony &Flitesuit) for a couple of weeks to tryout if you're willing to pay the freight for ground both ways.