sberkovitz

When to replace risers

Once I got a pair of riser with velcro. My lower brake line started to look fuzzy. I've have chosen other means for stow them and I have cut the velcro off. Rings were smooth, but lower break lines got fuzzy after replacement.

got pics ?

I have the risers, but I have sold the canopy already.

getting back to the original question....I dont know your budget but if I had bought a DOM 1991 system in 2009 and planned to jump it for a bit , I would just replace everything that looked the slightest bit secondhand and start in a clean well maintained state. The fact that you are asking seems to indicate you arent comfortable. Just my 20c,
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was

Sounds like you made a good choice. I just skimmed the posts so maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised that no one noticed that the risers lack the 1" Ty-3 reinforcement below the confluence wrap. That should have been decision maker, IMO:)

VSE on Facebook

Personally I think its a conspiracy to get me to spend way more money then I want to, but that being said, I also don't want my risers exploding when I deploy or the rings jamming up when I cut away.

I should also mention that Mike "Maddog" Maguire over at UPT was extremely helpful in helping me figure out what I need part wise (I also needed to get a RSL for my Vector II).
-Steven