superman0710

***DZ.COM CONTEST!!***

I recently acquired a NEW set of copies of Brian Germain's books "The Parachute and Its Pilot" and "Vertical Journey" (a $70 value). Since I already own these books and have no use for the new set, I have decided to give them away on the forum.

CONTEST DETAILS:
Take a picture (OUTDOORS), with you holding 2 things:
1) A LEGIBLE sign (can be handmade) that says "Dropzone.com"
2) A penny (to make sure it's you and not a photoshop.)

Now i already see some of you running out the door still in your boxers to take a picture on your lawn. You can do that, but remember someone will try to top that, so MAKE SURE you get a cool of a picture as possible. Go to cool locations that you know of. Take a picture in freefall with you holding the aforementioned. Take a pic at the DZ with everyone and you, etc. etc. just make it COOL! B|

RULES & OTHER MISC STUFF:
- No Illegal Stuff.
Don't go trespassing to win the prize only to get sangiro in hot water when they find out what you were doing.
use common sense.

- Winner PAYS shipping and handling (it'll be like $5, come on. )

- Submissions should be no bigger than 1600x1200 and no smaller than 800x600.

- Multiple entries are allowed

- Please don't enter if you own copies of both books.
IF YOU OWN A COPY OF EITHER BOOK, PLEASE NOTIFY ME AND WHATEVER BOOK YOU DO NOT OWN I WILL SELECT A RUNNER UP AND DISTRIBUTE THE PRIZE ACCORDINGLY

The contest is over at 12pm EST on MONDAY, APRIL 4, 2005..
This gives you all time to head out to wherever you want to go to take your pics.
POST ALL SUBMISSIONS IN THIS THREAD

GOOD LUCK!:P

ps. Mods, sticky please.

Are you always sarcastic? :P

He already owns them and is giving the extras away - nice offer!!

Rebecca, no! I am not. But: If feel surprised if such an absolute beginner is beeing too kind and selling things he really should use for himself. (BTW:Why did he purchase a lot of them?) I am a beginner too, but would not spread my books all over the community beeing a bloody beginner with just 3 tandem jumps or similar on my account. That sounds weird, somehow. And that's all.
Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

i already read "the parachute and its pilot" from end to end, it's been very useful even for my tandem jumps (canopy control, landing pattern, etc.)

i haven't read "vertical journey" because its about freeflying...a discipline i'm not skilled for yet.

i'm still keeping both for reference.

secondly, i'm not selling the extra copies, i'm giving them away for free.

let me provide a picture to illustrate what's going on. i have 2 sets of these books. i'm giving one away FREE.

OK, i want this BAD! ;)

But let me ask, when exactly will this contest end? I have a swanky idea, but i won't have any pictures until next saturday.

Let us know! B|

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

bumping until sangiro gets my PM about the sticky.

Although a fun and generous idea, I somehow doubt it will make it to the sticky category.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

CONTEST DETAILS:
Take a picture (OUTDOORS), with you holding 2 things:
1) A LEGIBLE sign (can be handmade) that says "Dropzone.com"

Dropzone.com... That's twelve characters, now where am I going to find six women...

Oh yes, I do so like the "must be holding" requirement! ;)

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Dropzone.com... That's twelve characters, now where am I going to find six women...

Oh yes, I do so like the "must be holding" requirement! ;)

A few years ago, the Van Break 10-way speed team had t-shirts with one letter on each one. All day long, we walked around and people asked us what it was about.

At the end of the day, the 10 of us lined up on the beerline and "ready, set..." and turned around.

H-E-Y-A-S-S-H-O-L-E with my buddy's 3yo daughter wearing an exclamation point at the end of the line.

Yes, I put the "A" in asshole.
:D