piisfish

What is the coolest car ??

I like my specV. Only 175 HP, 185 lb/ft torque, but with a 6-speed stick with close gears, and only 2,600 lbs. it sure is a blast to drive! Might I add it handles corners tight enough to lift the inside rear tire off the ground ;) fun little car... runs about 1 14.9 in the quarter- not too bad for a 4 banger...:S
--------------------------------------------------------
"Just follow your heart, that's what I do."
-Napolean Dynamite

The 2005 mustang convertible is the most awexome new car i have seen that has come out so far.

I was stuck in traffic about a month ago. Directly ahead of me was a mustang. I was thinking that it looked familiar and then I saw the vanity plate.

I picked up the phone and she says, "I thought that was you behind me." We talked for 15 minutes until the traffic cleared. :D

LOL...Bust MY bubble??? Dude, I hate to inform you of this but if you only have 6 years you are still a newcomer. Hell, I've owned this ride for almost 11 and have been playing with street machines for over 48 years. The drag strip about a mile away from me says 10.1 too many times for it to be a mistake. Now, to top it off, you have no idea at all what the car weighs so in the interest of intelligence, please don't claim to know more about my ride than I do. This machine is so custom that the only thing stock about it is the taillight lens and the trunk hinges and it's been stripped of any and all unnessasary weight including fenderwells, interior, etc. making it a lot lighter than it looks and certainly a lot lighter than when it was stock.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

Eww, the Smorsche is ugly. :D

You guys will probably laugh at me, but my favorite car that I've owned was my Fiat Spider 2000. I called him Boris, and he was so much fun to drive! I sold him and bought a Toyota MR2 because I couldn't live without air conditioning any longer, but the MR2 just wasn't as much fun.

http://crayfish.nu/keely/images/misc/boris.jpg

Now, to top it off, you have no idea at all what the car weighs so in the interest of intelligence, please don't claim to know more about my ride than I do. This machine is so custom that the only thing stock about it is the taillight lens and the trunk hinges and it's been stripped of any and all unnessasary weight including fenderwells, interior, etc. making it a lot lighter than it looks and certainly a lot lighter than when it was stock.

TripleF

Well then I stand corrected. Besides I never claimed to know more about your car then you do. I meant that the average performance car we get in the shop is not capable of running those numbers with that kind of set up, and since you have 48 years of experience you know I'm right about that. So :P

You have obviously put a lot more time and energy into your ride then most people do to get that kind of power to weight ratio, so props to you! :)

SWEET... yeah, you definitely have BAD MOTHERFUCKER written all over that car.;)

My ride's pretty sweet, but I still wouldn't want to race you. :S

See ya this weekend at the DZ...supposed to be a gorgeous weekend!

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

Thank you, Justin. I've had a couple of "nice" cars over the years, one a stock 1965 GTO (389, 11.3), one being a stock from the factory 1969 Z28 (factory hand built 302, 11.2) and a 1969 Super Bee (426 Hemi, I can't remember the times it turned) and have had a blast over the years playing with people who buy average, key turn performance cars. It's really funny to watch the expression on faces when the Bear comes to life as the ignition is turned. Most people have no idea what kind of car the Polar Bear (the name comes from the back window) is, so when asked, I tell them that it's a Checker Cab, lol. And yes, I've put more time, energy and money into it than most people devote to their homes. See, I'm a disabled veteran and have a bunch of time to do what I want. Consequently, I choose to play with the Bear and skydive - sometimes in that order and sometimes not, lol. Lately I haven't been jumping cause I'm still a little weak from fighting a bout with cancer (YEA....I WON...with support from a lot of good people) but I'm gonna' get back in the air as soon as I can trust my body and regain the weight I lost. Anyway, thanks for the "props". When you clicked on the attachment and found the Bear, you found my child, my pride and my joy...

TripleF

*Giggle*....

Hi Kris....

I didn't mean to come across nasty...lol...but as with most people here in the USA, I LOVE MY CAR, lol.

Maybe I should become a "Jimmy Hart", (the Mouth of the South, lol) and join the WWE, lol.

TripleF

Nice Mini,
they are by far the greatest car of all time,
I guess it must be easier to get hold of real mini's over here, otherwise Hollywood wouldn't have ruined 'The Italian Job'

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

No minis were imported into the US from 1961-2002. Everything over here until 2002 was pretty much private import, and quite rare. Now that the new MINIs are being imported, there's a rapidly growing aftermarket in importing older minis, but demand for the classics sparked by the new cars is still quite a bit greater than the supply.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Lately I haven't been jumping cause I'm still a little weak from fighting a bout with cancer (YEA....I WON...with support from a lot of good people) but I'm gonna' get back in the air as soon as I can trust my body and regain the weight I lost.

TripleF

Sorry to hear about the cancer. Thats awesome that you beat it. B| Hot rodding is definitely an addiction, much like skydiving. I just cant afford both at the same time, so I have not raced in a while, but I'll get back to it after I finish school.
-Justin

Ive got a cool car i got for my 16th b-day

69 GTO

still have it sitting in my folks garrage

they are giving me one more year to get it out before they sell it :o

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

Hey Merrick,

Man, it's good to hear from you. How are things going in your part of the world? Uhh, tell the love of my life (no, not Judge, lol) that I need another necklace...I finally wore mine out. I'll send the specs in a pm later today.

Jim