johnny1488

Is it just me, or is this puzzle impossible?

When they demonstrate it, they start with 1 up and 2 down. All you would have to do is flip the 2 down up and it is solved. When you get to play, they give you 1 down and 2 up. Since you have to turn 2 at a time, you'll never get all 3 up.

It's a trick.

Derek

well, so far when they give you the example, the cups down up down; but when you do it they present you up down up. It's easy to get them all down just as it was easy for the example to get them all up. When they hand it off to you, they only turn over one cup, thus breaking the two only cycle. It might be impossible.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

fuck I gotta bump this up on thechance tht there might be some way to make this work

so what is the significanz of the Tainted Love thing playing?? possibly a sugjestun that it just can't work???
:P:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Hooknswoop wins the Prize! True, the example they show has the two outboard cups down and the center one up. When it's presented for one to solve, they make the solution impossible by presenting the two outboard cups up, and the center one down--the only solution you can achieve is all 3 cups down--no combination from that starting configuration will allow all 3 cups up. Thanks Johnny1488 for the brainteaser. My brain hurts. Time for a beer.

You're always the starter in your own life!