ACMESkydiver

Emergency school alert notification (Yes I'm freaked out)

SchoolReport.org: KSD - Emergency

This message is current from 2005-03-14 07:16:00 to 2005-03-14 16:00:00

Due to police activity Cedar Valley Elem. is CLOSED. High School and Middle School students living
in the area are advised to REMAIN AT HOME until further notice

THIS IS TERRIFYING. This was my little boy's school until January when we had him transferred...what's worse is this school is only 8 BLOCKS FROM MY HOUSE. :o:o:o

My boys get on the bus right here in our driveway, and I drive my daughter (because of a level 3 sex offender that moved in just 4 blocks from us!! >:()

WTF?!?! We do not live in the gawddang inner freaking city or down on Broadway...this is suburbia, with kids in every other house...PTA moms, Girl Scouts, crap like that. WHERE IS SAFE?!?

I'm moving my family to a 100 acre farm in the middle of nowhere...:(

But for this morning, I am keeping my kids inside away from the windows and the doors locked. I'm calling my husband, and hoping the Army Rangers sticker in the window of my Suburban will be some kind of deterrent...:(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

SchoolReport.org: KSD - Emergency

This message is current from 2005-03-14 07:16:00 to 2005-03-14 16:00:00

Due to police activity Cedar Valley Elem. is CLOSED. High School and Middle School students living
in the area are advised to REMAIN AT HOME until further notice

THIS IS TERRIFYING. This was my little boy's school until January when we had him transferred...what's worse is this school is only 8 BLOCKS FROM MY HOUSE. :o:o:o

My boys get on the bus right here in our driveway, and I drive my daughter (because of a level 3 sex offender that moved in just 4 blocks from us!! >:()

WTF?!?! We do not live in the gawddang inner freaking city or down on Broadway...this is suburbia, with kids in every other house...PTA moms, Girl Scouts, crap like that. WHERE IS SAFE?!?

I'm moving my family to a 100 acre farm in the middle of nowhere...:(

But for this morning, I am keeping my kids inside away from the windows and the doors locked. I'm calling my husband, and hoping the Army Rangers sticker in the window of my Suburban will be some kind of deterrent...:(

Can you call the authorities and find out what is happening?

On the lighter side -0 perhaps your level 3 might not be a problem much longer -
He shouldn't be living anyway.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I drive my daughter (because of a level 3 sex offender that moved in just 4 blocks from us!! )

Damn that pisses me off. I'd be in front of his house with a crowd and I'd bully him everyday till he moved.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

We could help him out with packing since we are all so good at it....pack him up and move him out.

In a body bag, and maybe some ice is a very acceptable packing method.

Transportation provided by the city is cheap too.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Can you call the authorities and find out what is happening?

That was a good idea, Turtle...I called the non-emergency line, they said what info is out is on the news, and the situation is being 'contained'. :|

I checked the news channel, they said more schools around us are being closed...apparently it is some kind of police stand-off...they have someone trapped and barricaded in a house or area, and it is still dangerous. [:/]

Will keep watching, they said that buses may not be available. :|
~Jaye

I drive my daughter (because of a level 3 sex offender that moved in just 4 blocks from us!! )

Damn that pisses me off. I'd be in front of his house with a crowd and I'd bully him everyday till he moved.

Well now, they don't tell us which house...they will only send a public service announcement for which block this person lives in...>:(

And they also said that any action taken against this person is illegal. >:( Well crap, why the HELL would they move him into an elementary school neighborhood?! >:(>:(
~Jaye

Well now, they don't tell us which house...they will only send a public service announcement for which block this person lives in...>:(

And they also said that any action taken against this person is illegal. >:( Well crap, why the HELL would they move him into an elementary school neighborhood?! >:(>:(

Hey Jaye -

I know a couple guys - ya know - guys that make things happen - They REALLY like the movie Pulp Fiction.:ph34r:

Isn't there a gov't website that lists the exact address? I think I remember seeing one a while back that even had pictures of the offenders. I also though it was illegal for a sex offender to live near a school too. WTF?.

Hey Jaye -

I know a couple guys - ya know - guys that make things happen - They REALLY like the movie Pulp Fiction.:ph34r:

"Say 'what' one more gawd dayum time, motherf*cker!!"

:D:D:D:D:D

What?

:oB|

You can go here:

http://records.txdps.state.tx.us/

Just go to the sex offender link and type in your city and zipcode, and it'll list the offenders in your area. You'll see complete names addresses and the offenses.

I found there is one right around the corner from me. They are everywhere.>:(

What is a level 3?

Isn't there a gov't website that lists the exact address? I think I remember seeing one a while back that even had pictures of the offenders. I also though it was illegal for a sex offender to live near a school too. WTF?.

I've never seen an exact address disclosed. :|

I also don't know what the limitations on proximity to a school would be, but the Junior High is 1/8th mile from us (the end of our street is the junior high's sports field :|), and the elementary school is on the other side of that.

Sex offenders should be allowed to live in a free environment any way they choose...in the middle of all the OTHER sex offenders. >:( They should be the ones that are freaking scared to walk down the sidewalk, not us. >:(
~Jaye

Is that Texas? Anyhoo, I'm not sure about a level 3, but I believe I remember it was a statatory rape situation...and whereas I wouldn't be so freaked out if it was a 19 year old boy with his 17 year old girlfriend and the parents freaked and charged him with rape, I think the situation was similar but there was a bigger gap in age...a much bigger gap. :(

Edited to add: I think Texas deals with sex offenders differently than Washington. We have to worry about the asshole's 'feelings' here. >:(
~Jaye

crap, I glanced at your profile and thought you were from TX.

I see at the Washington site, that they do only show the blocks, but a good clean photo is there, with their last name and everything. Can you locate him in the white pages? I tried it on one of the listings and it worked. I even found a phone number!! Oh, and just in case, here:

http://www.waspc.org/wa_sex/index.shtml

It's good to know which house to look out for, as well as a photo. I saw the offender near me, and he looks like a regular-everyday guy. Good tool to use, to point out for your kiddos that these freaks aren't always scary looking...they could be just anybody.[:/]

It sucks that you can't make the world a completely safe place for your kids. But no parent has ever been able to do that.

It's got to be worse when the kids aren't necessarily equipped to deal with the real world in the long run, either physically or mentally.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Harassment of a person is illegal. The person that moved in has followed the law because he has served his time in prison, he has notifed the local community of his status and I'm quite sure he is on probation with monitoring.

Restictions are only on how close he can live to a school or other public place like playgrounds. He did not get moved there to spite the neighborhood, but he probally moved there because that was an area that he could afford to live in.

Next time some one gets a DUI go picket out in front of their house since they are probally more dangerous then a lot of the people with sex crimes convictions.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

He's not defending the sex abuser, he's condemning harrassment and threats. Big difference.

True sex offenders are some of the most likely to repeat; apparently there is a strong physical drive, just as some people have strong sex drives vs. weak ones. They have an unfair burden to carry; that doesn't mean that we should have to suffer for it.

But we should work within the law to keep people safe, and not simply vent rage at the system on someone who might be trying their damdest to go straight.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Harassment of a person is illegal. The person that moved in has followed the law because he has served his time in prison, he has notifed the local community of his status and I'm quite sure he is on probation with monitoring.

Do you know how many probation officers are assigned per client? Tell me you honestly believe that the probation officers know where every one of their clients are and what they are doing.

What if people gather on a public street in front of the person's house. Just sat there quiet, just to let the offender know he/she is being watched.

Served his time? Well goody for him. What about the victim? They will serve time for the rest of their lives for what happened to them. I say the offender suffers for as long as the victim of the crime has to suffer.

Restictions are only on how close he can live to a school or other public place like playgrounds. He did not get moved there to spite the neighborhood, but he probally moved there because that was an area that he could afford to live in.

I believe the offender was moved from a place that didn't charge for room or board. I say let them stay there.

Next time some one gets a DUI go picket out in front of their house since they are probally more dangerous then a lot of the people with sex crimes convictions.

In a heartbeat I'd be out front of a person's house that did that. IMO, they too should be locked up and not released. I hate how the system works>:( Most times a DUI will get a good lawyer and get them off with just a slap on the wrist. I say no second chance.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

It sucks that you can't make the world a completely safe place for your kids. But no parent has ever been able to do that.

It's got to be worse when the kids aren't necessarily equipped to deal with the real world in the long run, either physically or mentally.

Wendy W.

well you could make a world sorta like on the movie the village

Look what i made at work today mom!! Put it on the fridge
http://www.bouda.moonfruit.com