tetra316

Audibles with visual LEDs

So I know the Optima has an LED set up but I've also heard the Neptune has an attachment LED as well. I couldn't find anything on their website. Is this true? Or is the Optima still the only available option right now? If there is more than one choice what is your preference?

3rd item on the price list is the Neptune with the additional connector for external devices.

http://www.alti-2.com/customer%20support/D-90058%20Pricelist,%20Retail.pdf

4th item is an external speaker, 5th item is the LED.

They need to do a better job of letting people know they have these options.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I don't have experience with the Neptune, but wanted to mention I don't like the Optima/L&B flash at all. I was very happy to see GetHypoxic (reviewed on the front page of dropzone.com right now) offer an expansion kit that works with the Optima, because it's a flexible indicator, not an unbendable, somewhat fragile LED indicator like the other options I've seen.

They need to do a better job of letting people know they have these options.

jenn will be more than helpful in answering all your questions, alti-2's a good company to deal with.. :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I don't have experience with the Neptune, but wanted to mention I don't like the Optima/L&B flash at all. I was very happy to see GetHypoxic (reviewed on the front page of dropzone.com right now) offer an expansion kit that works with the Optima, because it's a flexible indicator, not an unbendable, somewhat fragile LED indicator like the other options I've seen.

So the LED that comes with the Optima is unbendable? And the Hypeye is bendable?

I don't like the Optima/L&B flash at all. I was very happy to see GetHypoxic (reviewed on the front page of dropzone.com right now) offer an expansion kit that works with the Optima, because it's a flexible indicator, not an unbendable, somewhat fragile LED indicator like the other options I've seen.

I can see what you mean but surly you use a ring sight?

My optima Led is on my ringsight with my cam eye 2.

The Led is wonderful when i am working out a new routine as one can get pre occupied when doing so.:$

I have not yet met someone that has not had trouble (refunds) with a hype eye, and don't know anyone that still uses the one that they have in thier helmet or handcam glove.

This is only a group of about 10 people but it seems the hype eye has too many functions than necessary for skydivers.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

>I have not yet met someone that has not had trouble (refunds) with a
>hype eye . . .

I've had no problems.

>and don't know anyone that still uses the one that they have in thier
>helmet or handcam glove.

I still use it to run my second camera (an HC5.) Who would use a video light for a handcam?

>This is only a group of about 10 people but it seems the hype eye has
>too many functions than necessary for skydivers.

I use very few of them, and it seems to work well for me. Basically I use it for a tally light, start/stop control and altitude indication.