ryan_d_sucks

College Student discount?

I know its a long shot, but does anyone know of any manufacturers who offer a student discount? I know there's a thread going on about military discounts, and since I sometimes see (non-skydiving) places advertise military/college student discounts I thought it might be possible.

Anyone ever seen that?

It is a long shot. The best you can hope for is someone feeling for you and tossing a discount certificate they won at a boogie or something. That and then there's used gear that all the other college kids have bought while in college.;)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I know its a long shot, but does anyone know of any manufacturers who offer a student discount? I know there's a thread going on about military discounts, and since I sometimes see (non-skydiving) places advertise military/college student discounts I thought it might be possible.

Anyone ever seen that?

The credit card companies have realized that people keep their first credit card even where there's a 100% difference between interest rates. Getting people putting $1200/year on their credit card (with 3% merchant fees and interest) who will get to $25,000/year is a winning business proposition even without interest.

An average skydiving male will go through 2-3 containers and at least 6-7 mains before getting to where they don't care to downsize further. Brand loyalty wouldn't hurt especially where there's getting to be a thousand dollars a rig between companies.