OrangeJumper

To all of my Latin Sky Bro's and Sky Sis's.....

Poseur.

(Angry, yet?)

:)

Bwahahahahahahaha......that's just wrong. I thought we latin...uh I mean hispanic...damn, I mean dominican or is it mexican...uh damn what are we again?:D:D Oh well, what ever we are, we should stick together:D:D:D

See that was just my point. Its clear that your not Spanish. A Spaniard would never say that he was not white. You could be Mexican or Dominican, maybe Puerto Rican. I for one am sick of people taking what I am and trying to be that. People should happy being themselves. Damn your ancestors fought hard with their lives for Independance from Spain. You should at leas pretend to have some pride and say what you are, whether it be Mexican, Domincan or whatever.
Because even if its in jest it add to already existing ignorance. Spanish is from Spain not Mexico, not Brazil not Peru, just Spain.
Cheers
Cheers
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Speaking of Peru, one of those "other" countries that were mentioned; I am from Peru. I was born there as were both my parents. I've also visited Spain because I have family that lives there.

I would NEVER call myself a Spaniard. Trust me, it's not that big of a deal. I'm quite happy being Peruvian. No worries. ;)

Speaking of Peru, one of those "other" countries that were mentioned; I am from Peru. I was born there as were both my parents. I've also visited Spain because I have family that lives there.

I would NEVER call myself a Spaniard. Trust me, it's not that big of a deal. I'm quite happy being Peruvian. No worries. ;)

I think its great if you're happy being Peruvian. But saying that you're Spanish is equivalent to saying that you're a Spaniard. Kind of like Saying that you're an Englishman is the same as saying that you're English. To be clear I don't have anything against other ethnic backgrounds. As a mater of fact my parents go to Cuzco, Peru every year on charity trips. What is interesting is that they need interpreters because the people they are helping are Incas who don't Speak Spanish.
However, it does very much annoy when people want to take my ethnic background and mix it with 20 others. We are not the same. We don't look the same, don't act the same, we don't even eat the same food. At best, because even that is not always the case, but at best, we share a common language.

{edited for spelling and paragraphing}
Cheers

Steel, I am completely agreeing with you. I have not called myself a Spaniard, nor Spanish. We both are in agreement that you and I, for instance, are not the same in any way, shape or form.

I have a question. You said that your parents go on some "charity trips" to Peru every year. What organization are they with? My parents and I do charity trips to Peru every year and have for many, many years. My father was president of one of the non-profit organizations for a few years, and he (and my mother) are still very heavily involved and at the head of all the fund-raising, trips, etc. Perhaps they know your parents?

Btw, the people in Cusco are a more pure Indian race, than the people in Lima, Trujillo, etc. Obviously, we (outside of Cusco) also have Spanish (sorry, but it's true) blood in us, rather than just pure Indian blood. The Indians in Cusco tend to have more pure blood. They speak Quechua. I speak Spanish. It is obvious from looking at the different races in Peru side by side that we are quite different and have differing degrees of white or Indian in us. It doesn't matter to ME if we do. I will still claim the Indian part of my heritage, but I will also claim, not deny, my Spanish roots. Sorry if you somehow find that to be problematic in the conserving the purity or integrity of your own race.

My last name and my family's looks (on my father's side especially...very white skin, green eyes, etc.) is definitely Spanish, not Indian. If you want to discuss your or my personal background any further, you can always PM me.

Steel, I am completely agreeing with you. I have not called myself a Spaniard, nor Spanish. We both are in agreement that you and I, for instance, are not the same in any way, shape or form.

I have a question. You said that your parents go on some "charity trips" to Peru every year. What organization are they with? My parents and I do charity trips to Peru every year and have for many, many years. My father was president of one of the non-profit organizations for a few years, and he (and my mother) are still very heavily involved and at the head of all the fund-raising, trips, etc. Perhaps they know your parents?

Btw, the people in Cusco are a more pure Indian race, than the people in Lima, Trujillo, etc. Obviously, we (outside of Cusco) also have Spanish (sorry, but it's true) blood in us, rather than just pure Indian blood. The Indians in Cusco tend to have more pure blood. They speak Quechua. I speak Spanish. It is obvious from looking at the different races in Peru side by side that we are quite different and have differing degrees of white or Indian in us. It doesn't matter to ME if we do. I will still claim the Indian part of my heritage, but I will also claim, not deny, my Spanish roots. Sorry if you somehow find that to be problematic in the conserving the purity or integrity of your own race.

My last name and my family's looks (on my father's side especially...very white skin, green eyes, etc.) is definitely Spanish, not Indian. If you want to discuss your or my personal background any further, you can always PM me.

First to answer your question. They go with a Catholic organization called ABC PRODEIN. Its a Spanish acronym that I don't remember right now. My father is a doctor and goes there mainly to treat the sick. I hear that my parents often appear in the Discovery channel in Spanish with this group.
As for your mixed heritage. That is quite clear from your picture and I truly have no issue with you acknowledging your Spanish ancestry, to whatever degree it may be. The fact that Spain went all over the world conquering different countries has simply left Spanish influence all over the world, just as English influence, French and even Portuguese. It just really annoys me when I refere to Spanish dance or food and that majority of people listening are too ignorant to realize that I am talking about stuff from Spain.

First to answer your question. They go with a Catholic organization called ABC PRODEIN. Its a Spanish acronym that I don't remember right now. My father is a doctor and goes there mainly to treat the sick. I hear that my parents often appear in the Discovery channel in Spanish with this group.

How funny! My father is also a physician, but we are part of a different charity organization. Yes, they've also been filmed for the charity work that they do.

It just really annoys me when I refere to Spanish dance or food and that majority of people listening are too ignorant to realize that I am talking about stuff from Spain.

LMAO...I know exactly what you mean. No worries.

I am from Peru. I was born there as were both my parents. I've also visited Spain because I have family that lives there.

But you can become a HISPA... And write to me in Spanish instead of speaking to me in french :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Poseur.

(Angry, yet?)

:)

Bwahahahahahahaha......that's just wrong. I thought we latin...uh I mean hispanic...damn, I mean dominican or is it mexican...uh damn what are we again?:D:D Oh well, what ever we are, we should stick together:D:D:D

See that was just my point. Its clear that your not Spanish. A Spaniard would never say that he was not white. You could be Mexican or Dominican, maybe Puerto Rican. I for one am sick of people taking what I am and trying to be that. People should happy being themselves. Damn your ancestors fought hard with their lives for Independance from Spain. You should at leas pretend to have some pride and say what you are, whether it be Mexican, Domincan or whatever.
Because even if its in jest it add to already existing ignorance. Spanish is from Spain not Mexico, not Brazil not Peru, just Spain.
Cheers
Cheers

ROFLMAO....I wish I could be like you....hahahahahaha:D:D:D:D

Hahahahaha......wow, spanish people are from spain, who would have thought????:S:D

Whatever cool breeze. Your right, I'm not Spaninsh, my family isn't from Spain, I was just hoping to impress you and ever other dot commer out there. I guess I wasn't successful:S:|

The Original Cabana Boy!

You impressed me, hottie! ;) I got your back OJ! :D Can you say.... GHFCFMSM???? :ph34r::P

bwahahahaha......GHFCFMSM....exactly!:D:D You are awesome!

How are your shoulders/triceps feeling this morning?B|:D

i'm not dead yet!!! but if i can't flare my canopy this weekend..... i'm kicking your ass MSM!! :D

I'm Irish/American.... you can call my ass a "Whitey" all day long..........B|

And I'll celebrate 5-5-05 with the best of em.....thank you very muchB|

Congratulations on being Irish/American....why are you telling me this again? I don't care if you let people call you whitey all day long:S

Again, congrats on celebrating cinco de mayo:|

Am I missing something, for a second I thought I was in speakers corner.:|

The Original Cabana Boy!

Congratulations on being Irish/American....why are you telling me this again?

just having a little Cinco De Mayo funB|:D;):ph34r:

have a fantastic Cinco De MayoB|

P.S. Have a great Air Force day!! Hey, I think I know a CMSgt that works at your base......