what books are you reading now?

LOL... my books:

Contract Law
Civil Procedure
Criminal Law
Property Law
Legal Research and Writing
Torts

There's a book by Mercedes Lackey that's been sitting on my table for... months now. I think I'm about halfway through it and the last time I had time to read it was at Christmas.

LOL... my books:

Contract Law
Civil Procedure
Criminal Law
Property Law
Legal Research and Writing
Torts

OMG :D:D Glad that's you and not me!

Blue Skyes

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

hmm not much lately.. just reread the hitchhiker's series and picked up Last Chance to See in hardback

also for mind candy i've been reading Tim Dorsey's Serge A Storm books.. (Triggerfish Twist, Cadillac Beach, Stingray Shuffle plus a few more) the state of FL must HATE him... but the scary thing is as exaggerated as alot of his plots are, the locations and sideline observations are dead on... was really cool reading about locations, (even down to convenience stores in Cocco Beach) that i know EXACTLY where are...

and of course Serge's comments on modern society (and FL in particular) are incredibly funny

I have read Angels and Demons twice now and think that it is by far better than DaVinci Code. Dan Brown is an amazing author. I read it in order and was almost let down by DaVinci....
I am reading a book called Are You Afraid of the Dark by Sidney Sheldon which is about nanotechnology and it is slow to start but a good read once you get past the first couple of chapters.

I've read quite a few from Koontz. I after awhile I found the endings were almost predictable. The only one that really stuck in my mind was The Taking. Which also happened to be the first I read from him.

Some of his books seem to have too much of a 'happy ending' for having such dark and complex plots.

Cold Fire was one that actually scared me...then again it could have just been because I was on vacation in the same place the story was set, and the only time I had to read was in the middle of the night at my aunt's strange house.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~Adam Savage

Cold Fire was one that actually scared me...then again it could have just been because I was on vacation in the same place the story was set, and the only time I had to read was in the middle of the night at my aunt's strange house.

Cold Fire is one of my favorites as well, along with TickTock, One Door Away From Heaven, the two Moonlight Bay books, and False Memory.

Yeah, I'm a Koontz addict.;)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™