napalmboy

One day in Atlanta...which DZ?

Hey folks. I've got one day in Atlanta this coming Sunday with absolutely nothing to do, so I'm packing up my rig and going jumping. Only question is...where should I go? The Farm, Skydive Atlanta, or Atlanta Skydiving Center?

It looks like ASC is having some kind of free organizing/coaching, which is good because I could use coaching :D. On the other hand, The Farm is advertising a boogie, so that could be cool...

Distance and direction from Atlanta really isn't an issue, as I've arranged for transportation. And I'm guessing that costs will be similar...so do people out there have a preference? I'll see everybody on the 15th around 1PM. ;)
Well, the door was open...

Freeflier? RW flier? What exactly are you looking for in a DZ?

Beginner RW, with a little extra emphasis on beginner.

I guess what I'm looking for is a place where people won't care that I'm only going to be there for a day and will be willing to have fun trying to teach me a few things regardless. ;)

I know that's really general, and maybe it describes all of the Atlanta dz's, but I don't know anybody from that area, so I'm making my appeal here to find out if one clearly outshines the others or if one is clearly to be avoided. If it comes down to "They're all great" then I'll end up rolling dice to decide. :S

And try to find some way, some how to get there Saturday night. You do not want to miss this party!!

Sorry, I've got another party to be at on Saturday night...but maybe I'll make a special trip for the next one.

There are going to be a lot of fun people at the Farm, but I gotta wonder how many will be wanting to jump a lot on Sunday if there is a big party on Saturday night. :ph34r: SDA is always a good choice, I like going there.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Gee Andrea... You act like we party hard in Atlanta...

Muuhahahahahaha!!!

I think The Farm would be his best chance of getting on several loads Sunday; for the same reason... Less competition to get on a load!!!

I am sure there will be one or two hung over jumpers out of the cycle...

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

And try to find some way, some how to get there Saturday night. You do not want to miss this party!!

Come check it out. You will not be disapointed!

will jello shot be present?
"His dick is ringing!" Female Skydiver

"Well...answer it!!!" Male Skydiver

The Farm would be my first choice. Skydive Atlanta or Monroe next. ASC would be my last choice of any dropzone in the country. B|

Amen! :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You'll have a great time no matter where you go (SDA or The Farm). Skydive Atlanta is my home and while we always have some RW folk lurking about we've got a lot of FF'ers too.

Generally The Farm is a slower pace but more scenic than SDA, and SDA gets a bunch of loads up fast with no bus ride. Either way you can't really lose.

Just depends what you're looking for. :)
Have fun!

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

The Farm's most definitely the place to go! Unless you are a complete introvert and don't like partying with a bunch of gorgeous girls and some great guys.

I've only been there once, but it was certainly one I'm glad I didn't miss!

The Farm would be my first choice. Skydive Atlanta or Monroe next. ASC would be my last choice of any dropzone in the country. B|

Why exactly is ASC your last choice? So far it's only gotten one recommendation on this thread and two "I'd go there if every other dropzone in the country shut down" votes, which isn't exactly what I'd call an endorsement.

Why exactly is ASC your last choice? So far it's only gotten one recommendation on this thread and two "I'd go there if every other dropzone in the country shut down" votes, which isn't exactly what I'd call an endorsement.

I'm with them. If you do a search for people's impressions of the owners of ASC (and 1800skyride) you'll understand why a fair amount of us aren't interested in giving them a single dime.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

...people's impressions of the owners of ASC (and 1800skyride)...

That has nothing to do with my recommendation. I even have a few friends at ASC, but I spent three days at The Farm and had one of the best times ever and we got weathered out Sunday! If your looking for a place to jump, jump, jump and then go home then any big DZ will do.

But if you want to go and spend a day at a new DZ and not feel like the new dude that everyone ignores then The Farm's the place. Hans and Lee and the rest of the gang over there will welcome you in like you're one of the crew. I can't say that for many other DZ's.

In fairness to Skydive Atlanta, haven't been to that one. There is enough distance from where I hail from that the Farm is MUCH closer. I love the Farm, great group of people that have fun before and after the Beer (yes that word should always be capitalized!) light comes on. Great Job Hans!;)

I'm just teasing ya :P. The Farm is a cool place.

I've always said each DZ in the Atlanta area offers a very unique skydiving experience. They really are all different but generally have good vibes (SDA and The Farm specifically)

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Fast plane = Skydive Atlanta
Best landing area = Skydive Atlanta
Good vibe = Skydive Atlanta or The Farm or Monroe
RW = The Farm or Monroe
Me = Skydive Atlanta :D

You pick! ;) 3 geat DZ's in metro Atlanta! Have fun! :)

Plane = yes SDA has the super fast king air, but the caravan doesn't suck

Best Landing Area = Rome (huge airport with lots of grassy areas, no worries of crosswind landings, unless you like them) / SDA isnt bad either / & i like jumping in to The Farm (i dig the funnel)

Good Vibe = (in my experience) Rome, SDA, The Farm

just another view to consider...

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

I gotta disagree with Kele on this:

Best landing area = Skydive Atlanta

SDA is Great (and so is there landing area) but you could put 4 or 5 landing areas that size in the Rome DZ. and nothing compares to the scenery around that DZ located in the Foot Hills. Rome has 650 Acres of Open Landing area with outs everywhere.

Rome is a Smaller DZ that is VERY focused on Students and Low time Jumpers. They are about 15 Miles north of the FARM and ASC. They have some of the Friendliest people on the planet that are all about helping new Jumpers get started in the sport. They have Fewer up jumpers than other DZ`s because they have been a cessna DZ for the past year but that is changing and they are now bringing in larger aircraft (Thanks to The Farm). I have gone back and forth between the two DZs many times on the same day and jumped at both (20 minute drive) several times.

Atlanta has Many Great DZs.
a lot of the Jumpers move around between the DZ`s. It makes for a great place to skydive when you can goto anyone of the DZ`s and always be able to find someone you know.

When Monroe or SDA call a Boogie, alot of people from the Farm will be there. And this weekend many Jumpers from SDA and Monroe will be at the Farm. ALL the Jumpers from Rome will be at the Farm as they decided to bring the entire DZ to the Farm for the Boogie.

Monroe, SDA, The Farm or Rome.. You cant go wrong with any of them. They are all great.