JoeyRamone

In Memory of FB#2

I remember my first AFF (AFP) jump at the old airport in Ottawa in 1995...Roger was my jumpmaster. I had no idea who this guy was, just that he seemed to know what he was doing. Over the course of the last 10 years, things he taught me about skydiving during the 5 years that I jumped in Chicago are still sinking in. The lightbulb is still going off...

It was a priviledge to have learned from him...I just wish I could have spent more years learning. He gave me opportunities in the sport. My teachers were: Roger Nelson, Dave Cicciarelli, Kris Bagwell, Ron Nowak, and Norge Roi...they gave me wings.

Now I fly like the graceful elephant that I am...

Blue Skies Roger...and thanks...

Tim Sisson - FB4059

Wow it has been 2 years already.

I remember after I graduated AFP in 2001...he was so upset that he didnt get to do a single one of my AFP jumps...yea some could say that was cause I was a girl, etc. But there was a deep down love for ALL of his students that he had.

I will for ever have the smile he had on his face on that last jump he did with Gretchen and I hours before the accident. He was so enthusiastic about jumping with all the people out there...early that morning Gretchen and I were going to do up and do a fun lil 2 way drill dive. Roger came walking up and asked if he could join us...we said sure! Ended up being a free for all....it was so much fun just goofing off...he was smiling from ear to ear!

Blue skies Roger...and thank you again for giving me the gift of human flight!
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Yes, he made a difference, and it was a good one.

Even as a skinny young kid with only a few jumps
he was full of energy and ideas and vision.

I know some people don't like him, but it's hard to
do anything of significance without ruffling someone's
feathers.

I stopped by there a few years ago on my way back
from Quincy (Chicago really is on the way to Colorado
if you hold the map just right) to see him and what
he was doing with his dropzone.

He took several unscheduled hours out of a busy morning
to show me around and tell me what he was doing.

Skr

Blue Skies Roger! Like eeneR, I remember that last day so clearly because he was just having so much fun!

So many stories, so many memories! I don't think anyone could meet Roger and walk away unaffected. You might hate him, you might love him, maybe a little of both! I don't know a single person that knew Roger who was indifferent towards him, that's for sure!