Megatron

Voodoo vs. Mirage

yes, I shot that video. And was really excited about magnets. If you search these forums, you'll find pages where I argued in favor of them from the perspective othat the magnets won't erase DV tape (someone said it would).
That was before I had the opportunity to be around them.
The whole "tuck-tab makes for hard openings".... I never did buy into that, and likely never will. Perhaps in the old days when there weren't the materials we have today....I also regularly see the Sigma riser covers come undone in the aircraft, too. And have seen wind blow em' open.
It's not they're bad, but IMO, they're not everything they're hyped up to, either.
FWIW, I'll be shooting the same kind of vids at PIA this year, too. We've got a small set we're taking, plus some longer interviews planned.

I Have a New Mirage G4.1 and its sweet very comfortable and very flashy... packing is pretty easy, the D-bag has a split where the first band goes (kinda a pain in the ass for brand new canopies) but i love it

Ive jumped a voodo about 12 times and cant see much diference compared to the mirage except price and a few small things.....

the way is see it is... if it functions properly every time its a good rig......

I completely agree with you about being in favor of the Vector. Vector is the rig which has been sold the most with about 48,000 rigs made since the late seventies. No manufacturers in the world can top that.
Moreover Vector manufacturer has been the one who has developed the throw away pilot chute, the 3 ring release, the MARD Skyhook system and more recently the riser cover magnets. The philosophy of UPT Vector and its constant search to improve the safety continue after more than 30 years while some very popular manufacturers have not made any significant changes on their rigs for the past 10 years.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

I Would Also Take a Look at the INFINITY. GREAT RIG.....

I Would Also Take a Look at the STORM 190. Just went from a Spectre210 (about 100 jumps). To a Storm190 (16 jumps) and it is a kick ass canopy. Great for Wingsuiting. I loved the spectre but the flare on the storm is awesome.

A Mirage is like a wet dream...except on your back. It’s smooth, comfortable, and always gets you guessing how in the world this happened...me ending up with the best rig on the market! Ward Hessing will get you a superior product. Hands down. Mirage is just engineered with the most up-to-date technology, and has way more research and development in the free-fly department than any other rig. Don’t play around with your life. Get a Mirage soon ;)

A Mirage is like a wet dream...except on your back. ;)

You've provided a great sigline for someone so inclined to use it.

It sounds as if you're sponsored or work for the company in marketing. It reads like an advertisement.

I deleted my rant. Rather than listening to me picking apart your post, let's hear why you insinuate that we're playing with our lives using another product.

I'd like to hear how much more research and development has been done over say the Infinity and the VooDoo.

Thanks
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

>Don’t play around with your life. Get a Mirage soon . . .

"Racers rule! They have the strongest harness in the industry, and the shortest reserve deployment distance."

"Unless you have magnetic riser covers, you're going to get slammer openings."

"The Talon Multi-Flex Harness fits you better than any other harness on the market, guaranteed."

"The UPT Skyhook is the only thing you should trust your life to when you're down low."

"If you break a riser and you don't have a Racer RSL system, you're dead."

Yeah, yeah. Everyone in the sport has their own opinions. My rig rules, your rig sucks! Well, maybe it doesn't suck, but it certainly doesn't measure up to MY awesome rig.

You see this a lot in newer jumpers. They have to justify their purchases, and they get fond of their rigs, and soon you see them defending them all over the place.

After a while, though, you notice that all major rigs on the market work pretty well, and those really cool new gadgets occasionally malfunction. The magnets pick up grit. Tuck tabs sometimes hold too tightly, sometimes not tightly enough. That new ultra cool narrow rig has some tight clearances between the reserve PC cap and the sides of the rig. That racer RSL can cause a double mal under certain conditions. You get a little perspective on things. And eventually most jumpers (excepting those working for gear companies, of course) get comfortable with a wider variety of gear.

So far in my career I've owned a Swift, Racer, Vector, Talon, Reflex (3 actually), Icon and Mirage. All of them worked. Each had pluses and minuses. Loved the fit on the Racer, hated the velcro. Liked the Reflex reserve. Liked the Mirage harness. Everyone will have a different opinion and different likes and dislikes. But one thing I've discovered is that if you come across someone telling you something like "the Icon is HANDS DOWN the absolute BEST rig on the market!" he's generally trying to sell you one.