VanillaSkyGirl

Eyebrow plucking

I've always done mine at home. I'm not a very hairy person anyway, so it's pretty easy to deal with. On the other hand, my 14 year old son has already had to pluck a few times so that he won't have a unibrow! He'll kill me for telling you that! :ph34r:

Rosa, if you want some color on your skin, try the new Jergins Natural Glow lotion. I've been using it for about a month and both Steve and Nick were telling me last night that I look really tan. I haven't been out in the sun very much at all this summer!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm blonde and my eyebrows are practically invisible. I pencil them in and shape them a little with a brush, that's about all. I really can't stand that super thin over plucked look some women go for. If you are going to pluck and shape, at least make it LOOK natural! (And I always thought Brooke Shield's full eyebrows were very sexy!!)

I totally understand want to get rid of the "unibrow" look, whether you are a man or a woman. Or the extra hairs over and under the brow line. (or like my SO, the one long wiry grey one that just looks out of place! That one gets plucked once a month or so!) I just think some people take it too far.

I got pretty lucky with nicely shaped, not-too-thick, not-too-sparse brows. I pluck the random odd little strays that creep towards my eyelid and up towards my forehead, but I don't 'shape' if that makes sense. I just clean up what's there.

A regular pedicure is something I will NOT deny myself! Every 3-4 weeks I go in for a full hour spa pedicure, and not just for my toes. It really refreshes and relaxes me, especially since there's not much else I really splurge on for me, not even clothes.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Pedicures are the BEST! They're soooooooooo relaxing, and they last quite a while. In fact, I might just have to get one tonight. I'm not jumping, so I might as well splurge on one little thing for myself. ;)

And there's this place near my office that's AMAZING. They'll work on your legs for an hour straight. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . .

I just think some people take it too far.

Exactly. My g/f has the waxing done at a salon. Her eyebrows always look natural and not really thin as you mentioned above.

For us guys; I'm at the age now where hairs are starting to grow in somewhat weird places. This drives me nuts. So now I use the nose hair trimmer and the woman who cuts my hair always trims my eyebrows.

All the girls with the nice eyebrows seem to get them waxed. Maybe I should try this some day. The odd thing is that I have had the eyelash tint and perm quite a few times in the past.

I also have never had a manicure (ok, maybe once when I was 13), pedicure, body wrap, etc. I had a facial only once and a neck/back massage once. I should seriously think about going to a spa. Anyone else care to share any grooming tips? I want to pretty myself up for Spencer! :D

I think you should try getting a french pedicure if you are going to try doing something. I am addicted to them and consider it my one big luxury :)Its not just the polish and cleaning up of the nails -- its also the loofahing and getting rid of all the dead hard skin that accumulates in the summer from wearing sandals and such.

I also get my eyebrows waxed -- i don't have a lot of eyebrow hair but it really cleans them up well. Also I find it much less painful to have someone wax them then me painfully plucking them.

If you can, do the spa day -- you will LOVE it.
B|:)

Hey Rosa,

I do have mine waxed at the salon. But not cuz I have a unibrow or anything like that. I've just found that of all the possible changes (cut my hair, dye color chages, blah blah blah...) the only thing he routinely notices is when I have my brows shaped. I actually am a touch annoyed at having it done cuz it's a bit sensitive and brings tears to the eyes for a bit.... (it does NOT make me cry). But other hair maintaince can be fun. ;)

But you should definately do something to make you feel pretty and sexy before Spencer gets back. (not that you need anything to make you pretty or sexy)

Karen

I've never touched mine. I plan on letting them grow out someday.

Ever see those old guys with hedges as eyebrows? I mean, check out the eyebrows on Learned Hand. Those are some GREAT brows.

One thing, though, if anyone can answer this:

Why do so many women pluck out their eyebrows and then draw them back on?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Why do so many women pluck out their eyebrows and then draw them back on?

:D

I've never done that myself, but I think that some women do that because they don't like the natural shape of their eyebrows. Eyebrow shape can make a face look very different by accentuating certain features, eyes, brow bone/line, etc.