JanuszPS

Demon vs Cobalt (optionally Radical)

Question mostly directed to European guys as they are more familiar with Demon, but everyone is welcome.
What are differences between the two or optionally three of those canopies.
Which you prefer most and what you don't like about them.
Not necessary direct experience about all of them is required.
Thanks in advance.
Janusz

Before canopy nazis execute me I want to say that I'm searching for the future references. before I change I hope to do about another 150 jumps on my lovely cobalt.

Edit:
It's late and originally I misspelled the name Demon. I'll do a search, but if anyone can give some fresh opinion I'll appreciate.
Back to Poland... back home.

Speaking of Atair products, if you're looking for a brand new canopy, it's better to stick to Radical. Cobalts and Cobalt Comps are mainly available on a second-hand market, some of them might be a good value for money, but generally speaking it's older technology.

Radical is a true high-performance elliptical with a long recovery arc. Major improvements are the vectran lineset (buying used Cobalt you should consider lifespan of a spectra lineset) and a different design of the end-cells (additional rib, which probably was supposed to make end-cells thinner?). And the fabric is now more similar to the slippery PD and Icarus material, goodbye South-African ZP:).

The control lines on Cobalt Comp. seem to be shorter than on, say a Crossfire-2, which shifts the stall point higher. According to the advice from a very experienced Cobalt Comp. owner (1000+ jumps on Competition model) to fix this problem you can make the lower portion of your control lines longer, this will also increase the recovery arc. He believes that all Atair canopies can be improved by this procedure, he's also got ONYX in his second rig.

After the break-up of the Atair, the Slovenian engineers are going through major re-branding:) I think more info about Radical can be found on their new website:
http://www.basetroll.com/

thanks for that info.
Recently my Cob135 was relined by Stane and flies lovely.
I saw some second hand Demon120, but more than likely I wouldn't fly it for about another year or 150 jumps. I don't really mind to keep it in my closet.
I also have some extra piece of gelvenor fabric which can be used for H-mod in the future...
What about Demon in comparison to Cobalts?
what're the opening, glide and recovery/landings/flare?
If someone has an experience on both I would really appreciate his opinion.
regards
Janusz
Back to Poland... back home.