monkey1031

Can you "awake yourself" to death?

@ 04:00 Cst. It's 53 hours of no sleep.... With at least 9 more to go before I can crash...

Can someone get these ants off of me, please...

Surprisingly, I'm still pretty alert, but I'm seeing flashes of light shooting around in my periphery, and driving is proving to be a bit intense.

later,
-smd7

@ 04:00 Cst. It's 53 hours of no sleep.... With at least 9 more to go before I can crash...

Can someone get these ants off of me, please...

Surprisingly, I'm still pretty alert, but I'm seeing flashes of light shooting around in my periphery, and driving is proving to be a bit intense.

later,
-smd7

If you don't mind me asking, what in the F**K are you doing staying up that long?!!! Moreover, what in the F**KING HELL are you doing driving?!!!!

Walt

work...

I only need to drive about 8 miles, in a HUGE truck with cushy air seats, so i jump up and down in the to the music with the air conditioner shooting up my sleeve and my head out the window...

I'll check back in when I get back to the shop... Back in my younger days if I recall, hallucinations started around the 50 hour mark, but nuthin' yet.

later,
-smd7

dude, i'm not trying to boast or anything, but when i was at uni i did a 100+hour awakey stint. I didn't intend to, it started with a big night out on the town and ended after i'd been hallucinating aliens in my local supermarket and was so confused i passed out when i got back to the flat. in between, i'd taken sleeping pills, got drunk, got laid, all sorts of sh*t but nothing got me to sleep. my doctor found no explanation for it either. "sh*t happens" is the paraphrase of his best effort.

so don't worry, you've got a long way to go before yoiu see the tall guy with the scythe. but please, get the f*ck outta the truck, man, you're the consciousness equivalent of a serious DUI right now and you might kill yourself or someone else; "i was real tired but i pushed on through" isn't going to give you much comfort when you're sat in a prison cell with some 250lb hairy mary giving you the come-hither look...

hope you get that sleep soon bro,
tim

I resemble that remartk somewhat. I did not want to stay up for three days but I have.

One time I was ordered to goto sleep after being up gor 80+ hours.

I was calling fire missions in my sleep. :S

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

One time I was ordered to goto sleep after being up gor 80+ hours.

Yep............fire support and sleep deprivation DO NOT go together. It's FAR too easy to make mistakes when you are well rested. I still have this left over "thing" from my military days. If I stay awake too long.........my body then thinks it should just stay up forever. Once I go past 18-20 hours it's VERY hard to turn it off. :S

You know whats the worst. staying up 3 days and working in a slaughter house.. man i was in the offel room bagging up hearts, lungs, livers, kindneys. and the halluciation started kicking in those freak you out when your in a place cows and sheep are getting killed.

Life is Great. Even Greater what we do with it.

You know whats the worst. staying up 3 days and working in a slaughter house.. man i was in the offel room bagging up hearts, lungs, livers, kindneys. and the halluciation started kicking in those freak you out when your in a place cows and sheep are getting killed.

That sounds like one of the shittiest jobs ever invented!

Walt

Yes, you can die from lack of sleep.

Among other things, after a while the immune system loses its efficiency and basically stops working. link

scary shit. get some rest dude.
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

Can you "awake yourself" to death

Not getting sleep does kill you. During various test with laboratory animals where they were kept awake, they died after some time.

Basicly, it is your brain that can't function without taking proper rest sometime. I guess the human body has some failsafe systems that prevent you from staying up too long. Offcourse, you can mess with your body, drinking coffee and red bull to stay awake.

Thijs