chaoskitty

Why does this work?

Math.. ugh. Way too logical. :D

>
>1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to
>have chocolate (more than once but less than 10)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 3. Add 5
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator
>....
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1755 .
> If you haven't, add 1754.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> You should have a three digit number
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> The first digit of this was your original number (i.e., how many
> times you want to have chocolate each week).
>
>
>
>
> The next two numbers are .
>
>
>
>
>
> YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)

Why does this work?

See below...

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to
>have chocolate (more than once but less than 10)
The reason for this is that the number you pick needs to be a single digit whole number (i.e., a number less than 10), so that it will end up the first of the three digits at the end.

> 2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)
This is so that when you multiply again by 50 (in step 4 below), it will give you the number that is 100 times your original number, since you are multiplying it by 2 now and then by 50 later, which is the same thing as multiplying it by 100 (which will make it the first of the three digits you end up with later).

3. Add 5
This gives you 250 more than 100 times your original number after you multiply it by 50 in step 4. Then when you add 1755 or 1754 from step 5 below, that will essentially bring this part of the number up to 1999 or 1998 (whichever year was your most recent birthday) because when you add
250 to 1755, you get 1998; and when you add 250 to 1754, you get 1999. So, of course, when you then subtract your birth year you will get your age (as the last two digits -- which, of course, assumes you are less than 100), and you get that original number as the digit in the "hundreds place" because you have multiplied it by 100 and (by just looking at it as a digit, are then dividing it by 100 essentially -- e.g., the first digit in 300 is "3", which is the same as dividing 300 by 100).

4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator
So, if you started with X as your first digit, you now have 50(2X + 5), which is 100X + 250.

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1755. If you haven't, add 1754.
And this will then give you 100X + 1998 (or 1999)

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born. You should have a three digit number
This gives you 100X + your current age, and they are assuming that you are less than 100 years old.

The first digit of this was your original number (i.e., how many
times you want to have chocolate each week).
The next two numbers are YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)
Your age usually is given by subtracting your birth year from the year of your most recent birthday! And multiplying any single digit by 100 and then looking only at the first digit in the answer, will normally give you the digit you started with....

eh, who cares about math, bring me the chocolate, Kitty!!!!!! B| I just discovered this weekend how much I love Godiva dark chocolate 72% cocoa truffels; didn't you know the more cocoa in the chocolate, the healthier it is and you can rationalize eating chocolate? :):ph34r:

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

It even works if you substitute WAFFLES for Chocolate!:ph34r:

You're my hero.:ph34r:
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

eh, who cares about math, bring me the chocolate, Kitty!!!!!! B| I just discovered this weekend how much I love Godiva dark chocolate 72% cocoa truffels; didn't you know the more cocoa in the chocolate, the healthier it is and you can rationalize eating chocolate? :):ph34r:

Works for Sex too.. as long as its less than ten times a week. :)Have you read "French Women Dont get Fat?" .. I leafed through it at Borders yesterday. It said the same thing about dark choc.

I've heard about that book and would be interested in reading it. I definitely like the idea of eating dark chocolate, drinking red wine, AND having my Brie!!! B| It seems to be working for me really well...:)

edit to add: what DOESN'T make a man horny? :ph34r:

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...