j0nes

Goodbye

If you're not going to fill in some basic info in your profile, you won't get anybody to take you seriously. But then, you probably don't care anyhow.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I agree with Billy. It's hard for people to relate to you if you don't have any information about yourself. It's like one day you just show up and start throwing your opinions around and blindsiding people with your criticisms without giving anyone a chance to know who you are or where you are coming from.

i will not fill in that information because i do not want too much personal info on the internet. also, i do not want to read that my opinions are invalid because:

1)i have x number of jumps
2)i jump at x dropzone
3)i have been in the sport x years
4)i live in x part of the country
...etc

Whatever floats your boat dude. You can stay or go it mean nothing to me. I could careless either way.

If you're going to stay don't be such a troll. If you leave.. So what.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

2)i jump at x dropzone
4)i live in x part of the country
...etc

I don't have much of that posted on my profile, but I still get people to listen to my option. They don't always agree with me, but they listen. Could it be because of how I present myself?

You get what you give;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

i do not want to read that my opinions are invalid because:

Those are relevant factors in determining how much consideration to give to your information.

Which doctor would you rather have perform surgery on you: one who is fresh out of medical school, or one who has been performing surgery for several decades and has a history of solid performance?

Either way, stick around. Just expect to receive certain responses if you don't want to be forthcoming about your experience.

You don't, perchance, have your own custom-printed pull-up cord "business" do you? :D

Bawhaha.........There went my lunch.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

We've seen a lot of 'good-bye' threads in the past. Most generally, they are back within a few minutes. At any rate, you might let us know if, you are male/female, your line of work, interests, you know... the usual stuff. All, under the guise of anonimity. Gwon... give it a whirl!;)

Chuck

John, this is the B-O-N-F-I-R-E. No substance whatsoever. A chimp could have "valid input" here. However, maybe a chimp would be somewhat less intrusive and MORE valid.

That would depend upon what kind of a chimp he was. For example, if a gibbon was trying to give advice to a babboon, then that could be a problem... Or if a chimp was trying to tell a squirrel how to find nuts, then that could be a problem...

i do not want to read that my opinions are invalid because:

Those are relevant factors in determining how much consideration to give to your information.

perhaps if i was posting advicein the instructors forum or telling some video people how to get the best out of their camera.

who cares? bonfire has gotten so completely lame it makes me want to puke. the same five people talking about their sex lives and how cool they think they are. bleah! i don't think i've read anything from you, so i say who cares. stick if you want, but if you leave you aren't missing much. :S:P

Lord, another dramatic good-bye. :S

See, how it works is, you say "Hi! I'm j0nes. I jump at [home dz], been doing so for X years. Love it. This place looks cool too. What's up?"

Then we go:"Hi j0nes! Welcome! Hang out and play with us!"

Then someone else says: "I've jumped there too! Do you know [manifest person]?"

And then you're connected because you know the same people some of us do, and you're vouched for. Then one fine day, you show up at a DZ or other gathering and meet some of us.

You started posting out of the blue with no introduction, forcing most people to assume you are a troll whose connection to this group is dubious.

Why don't you start over in the Introductions forum and give us a sense of who are you are?

Otherwise, buh bye.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?