SpeedRacer

Pop-ups & floating ads

OK. I've got a pop-up blocker.

But apparently, it doesn't work on those ads that float over the website when you're trying to read. You know those ones that follow you when you try to scroll down, and cover all the text as you try to read? They've got a [close] button there, but it either doesn't work or it scrolls below the bottom of the screen so you can't click on it.

HTF do you get rid of them?>:(>:(
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

If it floats on the website, its coded into the site, if the x or close button doesn't work its bugged. If it does it on all websites, you need a better popup blocker.

I think Firefox must get rid of them because I don't recall seeing one in a long time, and I use it as my primary browser (except for the occasional site that only renders in IE).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Generally speaking its apart of the site. I tend to just boycot sites that have that bullshit and send e-mails to the host and developers and owners of the site expressing my disdain.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

quit surfing pr0n.

And disable flash... and run Adblock, find the offenders and add them to your blacklist.

um no, this is not something on my computer. it is a thing that exists only on a few websites.
Speed Racer

HTF do you get rid of them?>:(>:(

They're created using JavaScript. A popup blocker won't see them, because they're not popups.

If you really can't stand them, disable JavaScript in your browser and you'll never see them again.

Of course, some sites require the use of JavaScript. They shouldn't, but that's another story :)

btw, they're browser independent -- they'll appear in Firefox, Opera, and even (shudder) IE.

thank God this thread has finally got posted up before the far-too-personal thread I posted when i was drunk.

it was too late to edit or delete it. so icould only wait for it to sink. I need a breathalyzer lock on my computer.:P

:P
Speed Racer